LOS ANGELES — Uniworld Boutique River Cruises has launched its Limited Edition Collection featuring one-time sailings and offerings with just one or two special departures per year.
Ranging from surprise sailings to themed cruises and more, Limited Edition cruises are Uniworld-exclusive experiences with special programming, “created to bring like-minded travellers together for extra special trips that are unique to our portfolio,” said Ellen Bettridge, President and CEO of Uniworld Boutique River Cruises.
The collection includes inclusive LGBTQ+ sailings hosted by gay and lesbian travel veterans, floating art workshops with special guest artists, cycling-themed cruises and more on select dates, added Bettridge.
“Plus, some offerings in the collection are offered for one-time only, such as our popular surprise Mystery Cruises and world trips spanning the globe. We’re even adding a women’s cruise for 2024 to the collection so female travellers should keep an eye out for more details coming soon,” she said.
The Limited Edition Collection includes the following:
- Mystery Cruises: Back by popular demand, Mystery Cruise offerings include two all-new surprise voyages departing June 18, 2023 and July 7, 2023. The 10-day trips are a mystery and both completely different. New this year, guests will be told the airports that they will need to fly in and out of, for the opportunity to extend their European vacation. Plus, Bettridge will be hosting the July departure.
- Mystery Revealed: Salzburg & The Danube: Hosted by special guest Jacqui Gifford, Editor and Chief of ‘Travel + Leisure’ magazine, this one-time-only repeat of Uniworld’s fall 2022 Mystery Cruise will depart June 2, 2023. The 10-day trip starts with a private two-day stay at the Salzburg Hotel Übergossene Alm, followed by a cruise through Austria, Germany, Slovakia and Hungary on the S.S. Maria Theresa. Highlights include a reception with an Austrian Count in his ancestral castle, an after-hours viewing of Klimt masterpieces at the Belevedere and an onboard Bavarian theme night.
- Rivers of the World Cruises: The inaugural 2023 Rivers of the World cruise will depart on May 20, 2023 from Cairo to Lisbon. This 46-night journey will span nine countries and two continents aboard five luxurious Super Ships, visiting Egypt, the Mediterranean, the Alps, Central Europe and Northern France. Uniworld also recently announced its second world cruise, the 2024 Rivers of the World trip, departing on Oct. 3, 2024 from Lima to Ho Chi Minh. On this 54-night trip, guests will visit 10 countries and three continents across South America, Europe and Southeast Asia aboard four Super Ships.
- Out! On the Rivers LGBTQ+ Sailings: Hosted by gay and lesbian travel veterans Gregg Kaminsky and Kelly Carpenter, these trips feature special programming such as LGBTQ+ performers, dance parties, themed events and more. Options include ‘Out in Bordeaux!’ on May 14, 2023 aboard the ‘Brilliant Bordeaux’ itinerary, and ‘Out in the Tulips!’ on April 14, 2024 aboard the ‘Holland & Belgium at Tulip Time’ itinerary.
- Butterfield & Robinson Cycling-Themed Trips: In partnership with award-winning tour operator Butterfield & Robinson, guests can explore Europe by river and bike on select ‘Cycle & Cruise’ dates – Sept. 10, 2023 on the Danube River from Munich to Budapest, and Sept. 16, 2023 on the Rhine River from Basel to Amsterdam. Cycling routes are provided, as well as customized bicycles, detailed maps, a support vehicle and expert bike guides. Bicycles include a handle-bar mounted tabled with pre-loaded route maps for easy navigation.
- Floating Art Workshops: Travellers will join renowned portrait and landscape artist Larry Aarons on the ‘Brilliant Bordeaux’ itinerary on April 30, 2023, or the ‘Delightful Danube’ itinerary on Aug. 9, 2023. Aarons will serve as an art instructor and mentor, providing workshops designed for all skill levels. Guests will create a charcoal portrait on an onboard model, paint a watercolour landscape of a destination and more at no additional cost. Alternatively, guests interested in art history can join the ‘Floating Art Workshop with Leora Raikin, an international speaker and artist specializing in critically reading art within a historical timeframe, on the ‘Venice & The Jewels of Veneto’ itinerary on Aug. 13, 2023. Raikin will host a two-part series including an art lecture on the life and works of David Labkovski, a Lithuanian Jewish painter.
For more information about the Limited Edition Collection, go to https://www.uniworld.com/ca/limited-edition.