MIAMI — Silversea’s new arts-inspired World Cruise 2023 sold out on the day of its general opening, “shattering” booking records after the most successful pre-sale in the company’s history.
The 139-day voyage will take guests deep into the Southern Hemisphere, sailing from the South Seas to the Amazon Rainforest and beyond, calling in 66 destinations in 34 countries across five continents. Recently previewed through Silversea’s largest-ever creative production, this exceptional world cruise will sail about the all-suite Silver Shadow, which will depart Sydney on Jan. 10, 2023 and arrive in Fort Lauderdale on May 28.
“We are delighted to have seen unprecedented demand for our World Cruise 2023, South Side Story, which sold out within hours of its general opening,” says Roberto Martinoli, Silversea’s President & CEO. “The most successful World Cruise launch in the history of our cruise line, this triumph pays testament to the strong demand we are seeing in the market, particularly from affluent, sophisticated travellers.
“I strongly advise our travel partners to be quick in adding their interested clients to the voyage’s waitlist, as Silver Shadow is sure to embark upon this remarkable itinerary at capacity.”
In another first for Silversea, each guest will enjoy private executive transfers to/from their local airport and benefit from private assistance to their gate/lounge as well as access to designated airline lounges. They will then enjoy a superior flight experience in Qantas Business Class from select U.S. and U.K. gateways to Sydney, Australia. Once in Sydney, travellers will experience VIP arrival assistance, private executive transfers and priority embarkation. Once aboard Silver Shadow, butlers will be available to assist guests in unpacking, should they wish.
Fares for World Cruise 2023 range from US$74,000 to $278,000 per guest, based on double occupancy.
Here are some highlights of the World Cruise 2023:
- Sydney to Auckland: Guests will enjoy a 10-day exploration of Tasmania and New Zealand for the first time on a Silversea World Cruise. Stops in Hobart, Dunedin, Akaroa, Picton, Wellington, Napier and Tauranga are complemented by a cruise through Milford Sound.
- Auckland to Manila: The itinerary continues from Auckland through the Bay of Islands to explore a string of island gems in Melanesia, Micronesia and the Philippines, before arriving in Manila. Additionally, guests will relax during a private beach day on Kalanggaman Island.
- Manila to Singapore: From Manila, Silver Shadow will sail through the South China Sea, visiting Hong Kong, Ha Long Bay, Ho Chi Minh City and Bangkok along the way. In Ha Long Bay, they’ll enjoy a World Cruise event within one of the bay’s mysterious caves that includes an authentic Vietnamese meal by candlelight.
- Singapore to Mahé: The countries of Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Sri Lanka, the Maldives and the Seychelles are the headliners for this segment. The sun-drenched beaches of the Maldives and the Seychelles provide the perfect finale for this segment.
- Mahé to Cape Town: On this 23-day journey from Mahé to Cape Town, highlights include Tanzania, Madagascar, Mauritius and Réunion (both not visited on a Silversea World Cruise for several years). Guests will also enjoy a World Cruise event in Zanzibar that includes a musical legacy of Freddie Mercury.
- Cape Town to Dakar: This segment launches with a World Cruise event in a rugby field where guests will feast on traditional game day delicacies while watching an outdoor screening of the movie ‘Invictus.’
- Dakar to Manaus: This transatlantic segment spends three days exploring Cape Verde, followed by five days at sea before embarking on a cruise on the Amazon River, a first for a Silversea World Cruise.
- Manaus to Fort Lauderdale: The closing act for the World Cruise 2023 is spent in the Caribbean. Highlights include a stop at tiny Ile Royale in French Guiana and final stops in Mayreau, St. John’s, Gustavia and San Juan.
Those who sail the full World Cruise 2023 will benefit from the following inclusions:
- Business Class Air (from select countries/gateways)
- Private executive transfers between home, airport and ship
- Meet and Greet
- Bon Voyage reception, dinner and overnight accommodations aboard ship
- Complimentary Shore Excursions (at least one in each port)
- $1,000 Onboard Spending Credit per guest (up to $2,000 per suite)
- Exclusive World Cruise Events
- Special Commemorative Gifts
- Complimentary Silver Shore Baggage Valet
- Complimentary Laundry Service
- Complimentary Unlimited Wi-Fi
- Medical Service
- Visa Package
For full terms & conditions go to https://www.silversea.com/terms-and-conditions.html.
For the latest health and safety protocols go to https://www.silversea.com/health-and-travel-notice.html.
For more information about the World Cruise 2023 go to https://www.silversea.com/destinations/world-cruise/world-cruise-2023.html.