MIAMI — Royal Caribbean will introduce new ways to explore Europe in summer 2022 with a fresh mix of ships, new itineraries and destinations across the region – from Italy to the British Isles.
Guests can experience culture-rich adventures onboard ships new to the Mediterranean and Northern Europe, with Brilliance of the Seas sailing roundtrip from Venice, Italy and Voyager of the Seas launching its first season in the Baltic Sea – the first in the Voyager Class to do so.
Royal Caribbean’s 2022 Europe season opened for bookings on Friday, Dec. 4, 2020. Here are some highlights:
- Odyssey will return to Rome and set sail on seven- and nine-night cruises to the Greek Isles and Turkey, and 12-night Holy Land sailings. New in 2022, Holy Land itineraries will call on Limassol, Crete, a bustling city designated in its entirety as an UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Brilliancewill embark on seven-night cruises to Greece and Croatia, and the Greek Isles. Starting in Venice (Ravenna), Italy, guests can explore coastline cities such as Dubrovnik, Croatia and Athens, and enjoy the beaches of Mykonos and the waterfront tavernas of Santorini.
- Oasis Class returns to Barcelona with Alluresetting sail for the Western Mediterranean on seven-night cruises that include late nights in Rome, Naples/Capri and Florence/Pisa, Italy. For those wishing to start and end their trip in Italy, roundtrip sailings from Rome are also available.
- Vision of the Seas will introduce new eight-night Western Mediterranean cruises for the summer and, starting in September 2022, add shorter, five-night sailings for the autumn months. The ship will visit the famed coastal cities of the French Riviera, including Toulon, France and Monte Carlo, Monaco; and Italy’s Cagliari, Sardinia and Palermo, Sicily.
- Voyager will embark on its inaugural Northern Europe season, offering seven-, 10- and 11-night adventures on the Baltic Sea, roundtrip from Copenhagen (May to June and August) and Stockholm (July). Guests will have a bucket list-worthy collection of destinations to explore, including the Norwegian fjords and Europe’s oldest medieval town in Tallinn, Estonia.
- Jewel of the Seas will introduce a new itinerary for the cruise line in September 2022. The nine- and 10-night, open-jaw sailings between Tarragona, Spain and Athens visit Olympia and Santorini, Greece; Monte Carlo; the Amalfi Coast and French Riviera, among other ports of call. Before repositioning to Tarragona, Jewel will offer a diverse mix of 12-night itineraries from Amsterdam to destinations like Iceland, the British Isles, Arctic Circle and Norwegian fjords.
- Anthem will arrive in Southampton for the second consecutive year in May 2022, and embark on a variety of seven-, 12 and 14-night cruises to Northern Europe, the Iberian Peninsula, Western Mediterranean and Canary Islands. Guests can opt for seven-night cruises to visit Norway’s coastline while those looking for a longer summer vacation can head south to the Canary Islands on a 12-night cruise that sails to Vigo, Spain; Lisbon and Madeira, Portugal; as well as Lanzarote, Gran Canaria and Tenerife in the Canary Islands. Also available is a 14-night Mediterranean itinerary that includes Nice, France; Rome and Naples, Italy; Barcelona, Valencia, Malaga, Palma De Mallorca and Ibiza, Spain; and Lisbon.