MIAMI — Carnival Cruise Line’s latest fleet deployment update for 2022 includes a third ship added to Alaska.
The cruise line also announced new ship assignments for Port Canaveral and Jacksonville, FL. By March 2022 Carnival will have resumed service in all 10 of its year-round U.S. homeports.
Plus, with the opening of the Alaska season in May 2022, Carnival will have returned its entire fleet to service, less than 10 months after resuming operations.
Carnival is notifying booked passengers, and travel advisors, about the changes to its fleet deployment, which will result in the transfer of reservations to the new ship assignments. Carnival says passengers impacted by these changes will not have access to their booking for up to two weeks as the cruise line completes the process to move their bookings to the new ships and provide equivalent accommodations.
“We appreciate everyone’s patience as we work through this process. We are excited to have every Carnival Cruise Line ship in the fleet sailing again by May and to be back in all 10 of our year-round U.S. homeports. We are also continuing to make plans for a return to guest operations in Australia upon completion of our Alaska season,” says Carnival’s President, Christine Duffy.
Here’s a look at the updates …
- Carnival Elation will move from Port Canaveral to Jacksonville, effective Apr. 23, 2022 to Oct. 13, 2022.
- Carnival Freedom will be moving from Miami to Port Canaveral to pick up the itineraries formerly assigned to Carnival Elation, effective Apr. 21 through Oct. 15, 2022.
- Carnival Spirit will take over several sailings previously assigned to Carnival Freedom, including the Apr. 17 Carnival Journeys cruise from Miami through the Panama Canal to Seattle. Once in Seattle, Carnival Spirit will operate cruises to Alaska from May through Sept. 2022. These itineraries will open for sale later today, Feb. 14, 2022.
- Carnival Splendor will reposition to Seattle and operate Alaska sailings currently assigned to Carnival Freedom. Upon completion of the summer season in Alaska, Carnival Splendor will return to Australia with a new Journeys cruise to Sydney that will be available soon.
- Carnival Spirit will sail the Carnival Journeys cruise back through the Panama Canal to Miami that was previously assigned to Carnival Freedom.