SEATTLE — Holland America Line has unveiled its Caribbean 2021-2022 season featuring sun-soaked itineraries across six of its mid-sized ships, including the Rotterdam in its debut season in the region.
From October 2021 and April 2022, three- to 14-day itineraries to the eastern, western and southern regions of the Caribbean will be available, including sailings that spend a day discovering the Panama Canal. In addition to Rotterdam, guests can choose a Caribbean cruise onboard the Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Volendam and one holiday sailing on the Zaandam.
Those who book by Feb. 28, 2021 can also take advantage of the ‘View & Verandah’ offer that includes stateroom upgrades, free beverages, one-night specialty dining, 10% off shore excursions and more. Savings are valued at up to US$3,800 per stateroom, depending on length of cruise and category booked. Caribbean cruise pricing starts at $699 per person, double occupancy, for a seven-day sailing (not including fees and port expenses).
Here are some highlights of the season:
HALF MOON CAY
All itineraries include a call at Half Moon Cay, Holland America’s highest-rated Caribbean port call by guests. The private island features a natural 700-acre lagoon, two-storey villas and private cabanas, dining venues like the Lobster Shack, a children’s waterpark and a variety of fun-filled shore excursions.
ROTTERDAM’S MAIDEN SEASON
Holland America’s newest ship kicks off the Caribbean season with three- and four-day samplers. The four-day departs Nov. 3 and calls at Half Moon Cay and Key West, Florida, while the three-day departs Nov. 7 and calls at Half Moon Cay. Rotterdam will then sail a series of cruises that include western, eastern and southern itineraries ranging from six to 11 days.
Many of the cruises can be extended into longer Collectors’ Voyages featuring more economical fares than if booking the cruises individually. Ranging from 13 to 21 days, these journeys combine non-repeating, back-to-back itineraries, allowing guests to span more than one Caribbean region.
There’ll be nine holiday sailings for guests to choose from, ranging from seven to 14 days; Holiday Collectors’ Voyage extend up to 21 days. During holiday cruises, guests can take part in a Christmas tree-lighting ceremony, enjoy caroling and singalongs, participate in Hanukkah celebrations and indulge in traditional holiday meals and a special Royal Dutch High Tea. Kids will also enjoy a visit from Santa and holiday-themed crafts. The New year’s Eve sailings will feature a festive holiday ball with a Champagne toast.
Throughout each cruise, guests who wish to learn more about the region can attend an EXC Talk on various topics, participate in a Port to Table cooking demonstration, cooing class or mixology class featuring local fare, or take part in an exclusive culinary-themed shore excursion in partnership with FOOD & WINE magazine.
Holland America’s ships will explore the Caribbean on a variety of routes, including:
- Ports: Half Moon Cay and Nassau, Bahamas
- Length: Three, four or five days
- Ships: Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Rotterdam
- Ports: Grand Turk, Turks and Caicos; San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. Thomas, USVI; Half Moon Cay
- Length: Seven days
- Ships: Eurodam Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam
- Ports; Combination of Belize City, Belize; Falmouth and Ocho Rios, Jamaica; Georgetown, Grand Cayman; Cozumel, Mexico; Half Moon Cay, Nassau
- Length: Seven or eight days
- Ships: Nieuw Amsterdam, Neiuw Statendam, Rotterda
- Ports: Combination of Amber Cove, D.R.; Bridgetown, Barbados; Oranjestad, Aruba; Kralendijk, Bonaire; Willemstad, Curaçao; Philipsburg, Sint Maarten; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Castries, Saint Lucia; Basseterre, St. Kitts; Pointe-a-Pitre, Guadeloupe; Saint Georges, Grenada; Port-of-Spain, Trinidad; Half Moon Cay; San Juan, St. Thomas
- Length: Seven, nine, 10, 11 or 14 days
- Ships: Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam, Volendam, Zaandam
- Ports: Amber Cove, Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay
- Length: Six or seven days
- Ships: Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam
PARTIAL PANAMA CANAL:
- Ports: Cartagena, Colombia; Colon, Panama; Puerto Limon, Costa Rica; Aruba; Curaçao; Half Moon Cay; Panama Canal partial transit (Gatun Lake/scenic cruising)
- Length: 10 or 11 days
- Ship: Eurodam