Some 64% of Canadians polled say they have gone on holiday to a destination where dolphin tourism was offered. Toronto-based organization World Animal Protection, backed by its new report, Behind ...
MORRISTOWN, NJ — Ireland specialist CIE Tours will have a busy year in 2020 having launched 12 new land tours and expanded offerings in Iceland, Italy and beyond.
All guided tours can be customized for group travel and individual Private Driver experiences. New itineraries include:
• Ireland South Daytripper (7 days): Priced from $2,210 per person, this tour allows guests to live like a local in the village of Adare for five nights, day trips to the Cliffs of Moher and the Ring of Kerry, a scenic rail journey to Cobh, the last port of call for the Titanic, as well as a sheepdog demonstrating and a private pub experience near Dublin.
• Castles & Manors of Ireland (8 days): Priced from $3,445, this tour includes three CIE Tours exclusives – participating in the ‘feeding of champions’ at the Irish National Stud and Gardens, sipping Irish coffee at Europe’s oldest pub, and dinner in a 12th-century castle.
• Ireland by Road & Rail (8 days): Priced from $2,600, this adventure starts and ends in Dublin and includes all the classic highlights, including the Guinness Storehouse, the Book of Kells, Waterford Crystal, Dingle Peninsula, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway City.
• London Daytripper (6 days): This tour, priced from $2,080, starts in the afternoon with a visit to the Tower of London followed by a welcome dinner. Day trips include Windsor to see the Queen’s official residence, Stonehenge and the Roman baths in Bath, and the Leeds Castle and Kent.
• Best of London & Paris (7 days): On this journey, priced from $2,600, guests visit the British Museum and the Tower of London before riding the Eurostar to Paris where they’ll embark on a Seine River Cruise and visit the Louvre and Montmartre.
• Best of Northern England (8 days): This tour, priced from $2,600, travels from London to Liverpool and includes such highlights as Oxford, Cambridge, York Minster, Harrogate, a vintage train ride to Whitby’s ancient seaport, and a scenic cruise down Lake Windermere.
• Best of Southern England (8 days): Priced from $2,795, this tour begins and ends in London and includes Blenheim Palace (birthplace of Winston Churchill), a ride in a private capsule on the London Eye, a tour of Kensington Palace and a stop at Stonehenge.
• Taste of England (14 days): Priced from $5,330, this tour starts in London and ends in Liverpool and combines the ‘Best of Northern England’ and ‘Best of Southern England’ tours in one.
• Iceland & Ireland Adventure (11 days): This itinerary, priced from $4,705, includes such top highlights as the famed Golden Circle, a visit to the sustainable greenhouse at Fridheimer Tomato Farm and an evening soak in the Blue Lagoon. In Ireland, guests will visit Glendalough, Waterford, the Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher and more.
• Best of Iceland & Ireland South (10 days): Priced from $4,245, this tour allows guests to mingle with locals at Iceland’s Secret Lagoon, explore the Golden Circle and see Ireland’s most famous racehorses at the Irish National Stud.
• Northern Lights Quest of Iceland (6 days): While on this adventure, priced from $2,770, guests will sail from The Old Harbor on a quest for the Northern Lights and embark on a journey to the Secret Lagoon, a more intimate alternative to Iceland’s Blue Lagoon.
• Taste of Italy with Sorrento (10 days): This new tour, priced from $4,125, includes all the highlights of CIE Tours’ seven-day ‘Taste of Italy’ tour, topped off by a jaunt south to Sorrento and the Isle of Capri.
In addition to these 12 new itineraries, CIE Tours has launched its brand new River Cruise Collection with stops in Austria, Germany, France, Switzerland and Hungary. River cruisers who book a 2020 cruise by Sept. 30 will receive a $300 air credit, per couple, from North American gateways.
Those who book a 2020 group guided land tour before Sept. 30 will receive 10% savings, with the exception of CIE Tours’ signature ‘St. Patrick’s Day in Dublin: The Wearing of the Green’ trip, which instead is offering a $150-off per person promotion.