TORONTO — The Globus family of brands is encouraging Canadians to take a staycation this year with six unique itineraries that combine homegrown adventures with international flair.
From sweeping views of the Gaspé Peninsula to the sparkling lakes of the Rockies and the floating icebergs of Newfoundland, Canada is home to a bounty of natural wonders, which Stéphanie Bishop, managing director, says makes for an “extraordinary vacation for Canadians.”
For an added incentive, when travel agents book clients on a 2021 Canadian Globus or Cosmos tour between now and April 30, 2021, they’ll receive a $100 gift card per booking.
Here are six Canadian itineraries that Bishop recommends for travel this summer:
- Globus’ ‘Spirit of the Canadian Rockies’: This 12-day itinerary draws inspiration from Switzerland’s majestic peaks, taking in the spectacular Canadian Rockies instead. Canadian-only departures are June 19 and July 24.
- Globus’ ‘Québec in Depth with the Gaspé Peninsula’: For clients dreaming about France, they’ll find plenty to marvel over in the Gaspé Peninusla, home to croissant-scented cobblestone avenues and café-lined promenades in both Quebec City and Montreal. Canadian-only departures take place June 30 and Aug. 4.
- Globus’ ‘Newfoundland & Labrador’: Guests will marvel over rich greenery, rainbow-coloured homes and windy coastlines that will remind them of Ireland while on this 12-day exploration of Newfoundland & Labrador. Canadian-only departures are set for July 3 and July 28.
- Globus’ ‘Wonders of the Maritimes & Scenic Cape Breton’: While on this nine-day journey, clients will draw comparisons between Scotland and the Maritimes. The Maritimes is home to the largest Scottish Gaelic-speaking community outside of Scotland, as well as quaint fishing harbours, towering cliffside coasts and red-and-white-striped lighthouses. Canadian-only departures are set for July 3 and Aug. 5.
- Cosmos’ ‘Western Canada with Inside Passage’: For guests dreaming about Great Britain, suggest this 13-day itinerary that combines all the top sights of British Columbia with the mountain scenes of the Inside Passage. Canadian-only departures are July 6 and Aug. 29.
- Cosmos’ ‘Ontario & French Canada’: No place does Europe better than Quebec City and Montreal. Guests can fully discover both while on this eight-day exploration of French culture. Canadian-only departures are set for June 24 and Aug. 7.
Beyond summer, the Globus family of brands will be unveiling more regional off-season Escapes, departing in October and November, “giving Canadian travellers the opportunity to enjoy more about our own backyard, for less,” adds Bishop.