Not sure if you have a client for Paul Gauguin Cruises? The South Pacific specialist “serves everyone from honeymooners to large family groups,” says Vicky Lubyk, Director of Sales, Western Canada, who teams up with Helene Poirier, Director of Sales, Eastern Canada, for this edition of Friday Five.
1. Why is a Paul Gauguin cruise a great way to introduce clients to the South Pacific, especially if they’ve never been before?
Lubyk: “Polynesians have been greeting visitors for centuries with open arms, broad smiles and generous souls. This Polynesian spirit of welcome, warmth, and geniality infuses every aspect of life aboard the m/s Paul Gauguin.
“As the leading specialist in French Polynesia and the South Pacific, Paul Gauguin Cruises can reveal this enchanting destination as no other cruise line can. The Gauguin was designed to sail French Polynesia’s lagoons and close to the islands for breathtaking views.
“We offer longer port stays with full days in port and most itineraries feature overnight calls in Bora Bora and Moorea for enjoying island life. Part of what makes a voyage with Paul Gauguin Cruises so special is the access our exclusive private retreats: Motu Mahana and our own private beach in Bora Bora.
“With absolutely no hidden fees, a cruise aboard The Gauguin allows your guests to enjoy a truly carefree experience.”
2. What is your strongest demographic and what demographics are emerging as new markets for the cruise line?
Lubyk: “Paul Gauguin Cruises serves everyone from honeymooners to large family groups. Here are some simple demographics:
- Age: 50 – 60 years old
- Median household income: US$150,000
- College graduates, recognized alumni, business owners, high-level company executives
- Families with older children
- Active travellers including divers, hikers and watersports enthusiasts
“When it comes to gauging prospects and emerging and new markets, focus more on the psychographics: people of all ages wanting a unique, engaging experience and people who are not looking to be over-structured. They seek extraordinary service and are willing to pay for it.”
3. Are you doing anything to target the Canadian market?
Lubyk: “Yes, we currently offer Canadian Residents a savings of 10-25% off all sailings in 2016, 2017 and even into 2018!”
4. The cruise line offers an all-inclusive experience. What inclusions can passengers look forward to on a Paul Gauguin sailing?
Poirier: “Paul Gauguin Cruises offers extraordinary value to our guest with an inclusive fare that includes: roundtrip airfare from Los Angeles; complimentary beverages, including select wines and spirits, beer, soft drinks and bottled water; all onboard gratuities for room stewards and dining staff; complimentary watersports from the ship’s marina or destination beaches; and choice of dining venues with no reservation fees.”
5. How important are travel agents to Paul Gauguin Cruises?
Poirier: “Travel agents are integral to our success, as we rely on their expertise to promote and sell to clients looking for a luxury cruise to an exotic destination.
“We offer agents the opportunity to become Pearls Accredited Partners which gives them a distinct advantage, in-depth knowledge, insider information and solid sales techniques. Once they become a Pearls Partner, they earn special rewards such as:
- Bonus commissions
- Special fams and agent rates
- Exclusive contests and promotions
- Opportunity to be featured via ‘Find an Agent’ on our website
“Most importantly we offer our continued support to agents with marketing initiatives, co-op, group promotions, booking incentives, and always look for ways to help agents grow their sales.”