Virtuoso’s ‘Best of the Best’ hotels: How many have you stayed at or sold?
Thursday, May 24, 2018
NEW YORK – The best of the best are going head to head in Virtuoso’s Best of the Best awards, which showcases the world’s top hotels across nine categories.
This year’s nominees are part of the industry-defining ‘Virtuoso Hotels & Resorts’ program, which boasts over 1,300 hand-selected properties worldwide and more five-star hotels than any other program. Nominees were chosen by the network and the editors of ‘Virtuoso Life’ magazine, with Virtuoso travel advisors casting their votes over the next few weeks.
The winners will be announced at the Hotels & Resorts Dinner on Aug. 15 during Virtuoso Travel Week at Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
Here are the nominees:
Hotel of the Year
- Adare Manor, Limerick, Ireland
- Berkeley, London, U.K.
- Grand-Hotel du Cap-Ferrat, A Four Seasons Hotel, St. Jean Cap Ferrat, France
- One&Only Le Saint Geran, Post de Flacq, Mauritius
- Royal Mansour Marrakech, Marrakech, Morocco
Hotelier of the Year
- Aaron Kaupp – Le Royal Monceau – Raffles Paris, Paris, France
- Patrizio Cipollini, Four Seasons Hotels Firenze, Florence Italy
- Ulrich Krauer, Halekulani, Honolulu, Hawaii
- Hermann Elger – Baccarat Hotel New York, New York, New York, U.S.
- Markos Chaidemenos – Canaves Oia Hotel, Santorini, Greece
Best Achievement in Design
- Palácio Tangará, Oetker Collection, São Paulo, Brazil
- Sagamore Pendry Baltimore, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
- The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, New York, New York, U.S.
- The Fontenay Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany
- The Silo Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa
Best Dining Experience
- Aman Tokyo – Arva, Tokyo, Japan
- Capri Palace – Il Riccio, Capri, Italy
- Hotel Belles Rives – La Passagere, Antibes, France
- Meadowood Napa Valley – The Restaurant, St. Helena, California, U.S.
- The London EDITION – Berners Tavern, London, U.K.
- Brown’s Hotel, A Rocco Forte Hotel – The Donovan Bar, London, U.K.
- Hotel Hassler – Hassler Bar, Rome, Italy
- Mandarin Oriental, New York – The Office NYC, New York, New York, U.S.
- Park Hyatt Vienna – The Bank Brassiere & Bar, Vienna, Austria
- The Shelbourne – The Horseshoe Bar, Dublin, Ireland
Best Family Program
- Hotel Barrière Le Majestic, Cannes, France
- Kokomo Private Island Fiji, Yaukuve Levu Island, Fiji
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, Farmington, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- Soneva Fushi, Baa Atoll, Maldives
- The Ranch at Rock Creek, Philipsburg, Montana
Best Wellness Program
- Ananda in the Himalayas, Tehri-Garhwal, India
- BodyHoliday Saint Lucia, Castries, St. Lucia
- Chablè Resort & Spa, Chocholá, Mexico
- The Ranch Malibu, Malibu, California, U.S.
- Waldhotel Health & Medical Excellence, Büergenstock, Switzerland
Sustainable Tourism Leadership
- Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, Wolgan Valley, Australia
- Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Landaa Giraavaru, Landaa Giraavaru, Maldives
- Mashpi Lodge, Quito, Ecuador
- Singita Grumeti – Sabora Tented Camp, Serengeti, Tanzania
- Six Senses Douro Valley, Lamego, Portugal
Best Virtuoso Newcomer
- Anantara Vilamoura Algarve Resort, Vilamoura, Portugal
- Hôtel de Crillon, A Rosewood Hotel, Paris, France
- Kimpton Seafire Resort + Spa, Grand Cayman, Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman Islands
- The St. Regis Maldives Vommuli Resort, Dhaalu Atoll, Maldives
- Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
Best Virtuoso Hotel Ambassador
- Andrea Filippi, Belmond
- James Baker, The Set Hotels
- JoAnn Kurtz-Ahlers, Kurtz-Ahlers & Associates, L.L.C.
- Laurence Tafanel, Esprit Saint Germain
- Ling Riley, The Palms and The Shore Club Turks and Caicos
Guests who book their stay through a Virtuoso advisor enjoy exclusive benefits valued at more than $500 per stay at these properties, which span more than 100 countries. Travellers can now take advantage of booking their stay at more than 1,100 select properties online at www.Virtuoso.com and receive access to Virtuoso’s exclusive perks.