TORONTO — The easing of restrictions at the Canada-U.S. border could be coming any day now and that means it’s a great time to learn more about Canada’s favourite U.S. vacation destination: Florida.
VISIT FLORIDA’s new and improved Florida Travel Pro specialist program is now available here on Travelweek’s Learning Centre. An English-language version is available now; a French-language version is coming soon with more details on the way in ProfessionVoyages.com.
Agents who take the course to become a Certified Florida Travel Pro can win one of three specially curated Florida gift boxes valued at US$200 each. Of special note, the gift boxes contain items from specialty lifestyle brand Spartina 449.
To enter, travel advisors must complete all seven modules of the VISIT FLORIDA Travel Pro Specialist Program in order to qualify. The end date for the contest is June 30, 2021, and contest entry is open to Canadian certified travel advisors who have completed the requirement to become a qualified specialist. Complete terms and conditions for the contest can be found here.
Florida Travel Pro has three new modules: Road Trips; Ecotourism; and LGBTQ. Overall the program is designed to showcase different aspects of destinations within Florida, including (but not limited to) attractions, shopping, art and culture, nightlight, music and theatre, festivals and events, accommodations, beaches and water activities, spas and golf.
Says VISIT FLORIDA: “The entire site has also been given a complete overhaul making it faster, smoother, and more intuitive. The addition of showcase listings now gives you an inside look at popular places and attractions all throughout Florida. Lastly, make sure to keep up with our message centre, as we will keep you updated on everything new to come!”
The Florida Travel Pro program includes:
- Complete these modules to learn the basics for promoting and selling Florida and earn a specialist certificate
- The Fundamentals, Beaches, Beyond the Beaches, Experiences
NEW Specialization Modules
- Take your knowledge a step further and earn badges in niche categories
- Road Trips, Ecotourism, LGBTQ
- Earn additional badges from VISIT FLORIDA’S partners
Benefits for certified Florida Travel Pros:
- Personalized VISIT FLORIDA Travel Pro diploma and use of the official Florida Travel Pro logo
- Qualify for participation in destination FAMs, and priority invitations for additional training and special events
- Access to an exclusive Florida Travel Pro toolkit which includes an interactive directory, maps, images, and videos for promotional use
Adds VISIT FLORIDA: “The Sunshine State offers every type of adventure, experience, and entertainment, but many would say its most alluring assets are its 1,000+ kilometres of sun-kissed beaches and 2,000 kilometres of coastline. Shopping, museum-going, tropical rambles, historic stops, and all manner of water sports showcase the state’s versatility… with everything from big-city experiences and small-town fun to the planet’s most beautiful landscapes and a range of flora
and fauna that simply must be seen to be believed. You’ll never run out of things to do in Florida, a state packed with nature trails, parks, roller coasters, museums and so much more.”
Complete the Florida Travel Pro specialist course at Travelweek’s Learning Centre, and enter for your chance to win!