TORONTO — Visit Seattle touched down in Toronto this week to celebrate Air Canada’s seasonal service from Toronto and Montreal.
Hosted in partnership with Air Canada, the event welcomed approximately 40 travel advisors to the W Toronto on April 3 for a training presentation that showcased Seattle’s iconic sites and attractions, neighbourhoods, pre- and post-cruise ideas, new hotels and upcoming festivals.
Advisors also welcomed the news that starting May 1, Air Canada will be increasing its nonstop service from Toronto to Seattle to twice daily, until the end of September.
On May 15, the carrier will also be resuming nonstop service from Montreal to Seattle, starting with 6x/weekly then increasing to daily in the summer. Service in winter will decrease to 4x/weekly.
Both routes will be served by B737 Max8 until June, after which it will be operated by Airbus A220-300.
The event also included a prize draw for a trip to Seattle, including airfare with Air Canada. Marjorie Calvin of Aspire Travel took home the grand prize.
Here are additional updates from Visit Seattle:
- Launching last fall, Cloudbreak, dubbed ‘Seattle’s ReviveLive Music Fest,’ featured over 150 artists in 26 venues across the city. It will be returning this year with plans to become an annual event. Go to https://cloudbreakmusicfest.org/.
- Baseball’s brightest stars and sports fans from around the world will soon descend on Seattle for the 2023 MLB All-Star Game and week of accompanying events. The Midsummer Classic returns to the Emerald City on July 1, 2023, making the third time in franchise history that the Seattle Mariners will serve as host.
- Other notable events on Seattle’s calendar include: Northwest Folklife Festival, the Capitol Hill Block Party, Earshot Jazz Festival, Freakout and Seattle International Film Festival, the longest running and largest film festival in the United States. For more details go to https://visitseattle.org/things-to-do/events/.
- The Arctic Club Hotel returns to Third Avenue, now owned by The Oxford Collection. The 120-room hotel, built in 1916, has been beautifully restored with a nod to its ties to the Klondike Gold Rush.
- Astra Hotel Seattle has opened a new stylish space-themed hotel in South Lake Union. This 265-room property is part of Marriott’s Tribute Portfolio, is centrally located in the South Lake Union neighbourhood, and is situated just steps from the Amazon campus, Seattle Center, the Space Needle, the Museum of Pop Culture and Climate Pledge Arena.
- Level Seattle promises unrivalled hospitality in the heart of the South Lake Union neighbourhood. Guests can choose from spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom suites complete with full kitchens, in-suite laundry and spacious living areas.
- citizenM has brought a second location to Pioneer Square. This newly opened, 232-room property spans 82,000 gross square feet and a large mosaic art installation that incorporates aspects of Pioneer Square’s indigenous history.
For more information about travel to Seattle go to www.visitseattle.org.