TORONTO — Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection has travel agents to thank for the recent enhancements made to its ‘River Currents’ booking tool.
According to President and CEO Ellen Bettridge, agents were the ones to inform the company of the need for improvements, including waitlist functionality.
“We value our partner agencies and travel advisors. After all, they engage with us and our technology every day and understand best how the tools can benefit their business. Based on their recommendations, we are delighted to deliver these new updates,” she said.
A brand new waitlist functionality for both Uniworld and U by Uniworld clients was created so that agents can add their clients to a waitlist on selected sold out cruises for a minimal deposit.
Other new enhancements to ‘River Currents’ include:
- Expanded promo code functionality and messaging. When utilizing a promo code, once entered, River Currents will now advise the status of the Promo Code as either ‘Successfully applied’ or ‘rejected/invalid’.
- Clear breakdown of savings. In the ‘Breakdown Section’ after the promo code has been applied, it will breakdown the savings amount upfront. Agents no longer need to complete a booking to see the full savings breakdown.
- Shipboard credits. Any applicable shipboard credits will now be notated in the savings breakdown section during the booking.
- Simple invoice sending options. Should an agent wish to send, view, print or email a copy of an invoice for a booking, they can now do so via River Currents.
- Booking status displays. All bookings made in River Currents are now displayed so that agents can easily determine a booking’s status, which includes Confirmed, Paid if Full, Deposit, Released and Cancelled.
For more information go to uniworld.com. To inquire about waitlists on sold out cruises, contact the reservations team at 1-800-257-2407.