KISSIMMEE — Kissimmee, Florida can never be considered a land that’s far, far away from Canada, but to a die-hard Star Wars fan it comes pretty darn close.
Ahead of the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Walt Disney World Resort on Aug. 29, Kissimmee – known as the Vacation Capital of the World – has rounded up the top 5 galaxy-themed rooms that channels ‘The Force’ in every way. Not only are they located just minutes from Galaxy’s Edge, they’re also all commissionable for travel agents.
1. Battle Pod Bunk Beds. Spanning 3,374 square feet, this out-of-this-world villa boasts five bedrooms, private pool, spillover spa, custom theatre with 120-inch projection screen and, oh yes, a Star Wars Battle Pod arcade. Here, guests can ride the vehicles and live out their fantasies of destroying the Empire’s Battle Fleet.
2. The Storm Trooper Home Theatre. This mega-mansion transports guests straight to the galaxy with a tricked-out Storm Trooper-themed theatre that seats eight. After watching the entire Star Wars series from beginning to end, guests can also enjoy a pool, outdoor dinning set, sun loungers, pool table and a neon black-light games room filled with multi arcade games.
3. The Classic Quote Twin Room. The entire universe is in one bedroom at this high-end villa located less than 10 minutes from Walt Disney World. There are three children’s themed bedrooms – Star Wars, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, and Pokemon – not to mention a private outdoor pool deck and spa, restaurant/bar, fitness centre and a waterpark, all located at the Encore Club.
4. The Millennium Falcon Suite. At this newly furnished vacation home, your bedroom doubles as the entrance to the Millennium Falcon! Guests can also enjoy a pool area that overlooks a Jack Niklaus golf course, outdoor dining area, private theatre, games room and a second-floor loft area with pool table at this upscale five-bedroom villa.
5. The Dark Side Arcade. With over 7,500 square feet, this amazing villa is a dream come true for movie fans. Guests can play classic arcade games alongside Darth Vader, Darth Sidious and Yoda in a super-cool arcade worthy of Luke Skywalker himself. This home can accommodate up to five families and also features an infinity pool and multiple living spaces.
Kissimmee’s tourism authority, Experience Kissimmee, is represented in Canada by VoX International.