CANCUN — The Excellence Collection has pushed back the reopening dates for Excellence Riviera Cancun and Beloved Playa Mujeres from July 1 to Aug. 28, 2020 due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
Guests with existing arrival dates at either property between July 1 and Aug. 27 will be automatically accommodated at the adults-only Excellence Playa Mujeres, which is scheduled to reopen on July 1.
Guests wishing to keep their reservation at Excellence Riviera Cancun or Beloved Playa Mujeres are also able to change their dates, though rates for the newly selected dates will apply.
Impacted guests who booked through a third party are being advised to contact their travel agent, tour operator or third-party website to confirm that the new reservation has been properly moved, and to ensure the following:
- Their original conditions and rates are being honoured at Excellence Playa Mujeres
- Their new suite category at Excellence Playa Mujeres is equivalent to their original booking
- All additional services they have booked such as airport transfers or insurance are still on the new booking
- If they booked an airport transfer, their new destination has been changed to Excellence Playa Mujeres (if they have not booked their transfer yet, they should make their transfer reservation with Excellence Playa Mujeres as their hotel destination)
The reopening dates of The Excellence Collection’s other properties are as follows:
- Finest Playa Mujeres, Aug. 1
- Excellence Oyster Bay, Aug. 28
- Excellence Punta Cana, Aug. 28
- Excellence El Carmen, Aug. 28
For full details of The Excellence Collection’s rebooking policies, click here.
For more updates from other hotels and resorts, go to https://www.travelweek.ca/uncategorized/coronavirus-updates-from-major-sun-destination-resort-brands/.