SANTA CLARITA — Princess Cruises is giving the travel trade a first glimpse at renderings of Sun Princess, the line’s newest, largest and most innovative ship ever built.
Sun Princess is scheduled to debut in early 2024.
A first for Princess, the Horizons Dining Room introduces a three-storey dining concept, with wake views and natural light highlighting a decorative sculpture that stretches from deck 6 to deck 8. The three decks each have their own personalities, offer different dining experiences and range in levels of formality, says Princess.
Another next-level offering, the Princess Arena is the most technologically advanced Princess Theater design, according to the cruise line. A radical ceiling accentuates the Arena’s in-the-round configuration. Moveable seats and capacity of 1,000+ people allows for three configurations to maximize sight lines.
More highlights for Sun Princess include …
- Alfredo’s Pizzeria – This favourite (named ‘Best Pizza at Sea’) will once again have an open kitchen design, allowing guests to watch as the chefs create pizza by hand and serve them straight out of them oven. New to the kitchen is a professional, open-mouth oven that reaches 968 degrees, allowing chefs to create truly authentic contemporary Neapolitan pizza.
- Princess Casino – The largest Princess casino in both size and number of gaming positions will be in the Piazza, offering 200+ of the newest and most popular slots and video poker games.
- Crown Grill – Known for its perfectly grilled steaks, Crown Grill on Sun Princess allows guests to enjoy views of their food being prepared in the largest show galley on a Princess ship. Inviting leather booths, circular seating and modern artwork welcome guests for an unforgettable dinner experience.
- Sabatini’s Italian Trattoria – Serving a modern, casual but elegant Italian dining experience, the newly imagined Sabatini’s will appeal to families with unique handmade pasta courses prepared fresh daily.
- Princess Live! – Combining the design elements of Princess Live! and guest favourite Explorer’s Lounge, guests on Sun Princess will enjoy participatory, signature cruise activities like game shows, trivia and the daily Wake Show.
- The Shops of Princess – With five retail locations, plus an art gallery, The Shops of Princess get a makeover on Sun Princess and guests can expect the same great experience, just more of it.
Additional spaces with new designs, signage and décor include Crooner’s, Wheelhouse Bar, International Cafe, Good Spirits and Gelateria.
Sun Princess is currently under construction at the Fincantieri shipyard. It’s the largest Princess ship ever constructed, accommodating 4,000 guests. The ship will feature the exclusive Princess Medallion experience and will be the first Princess ship and one of 11 new vessels in the corporate fleet powered by Liquified Natural Gas (LNG), the world’s cleanest fossil fuel.
The 2024 Sun Princess inaugural cruise season in the Mediterranean is open for bookings now.