MONACO — Pre-sale bookings for Silversea Cruises’ Venetian Society members are now open, for departure dates January 2021 through April 2022.
Some 197 new itineraries are in the collection, and 28 maiden calls. In total the cruises offer 528 destinations in 92 countries.
“We are delighted to open sales to our valued Venetian Society members on this innovative collection of new summer 2021 & winter 2021/2022 voyages,” says Barbara Muckermann, Silversea’s Chief Marketing Officer.
“With guests’ enjoyment in mind and as a result of Silversea’s destination expertise, we have pushed the boundaries of ultra-luxury cruising to unlock new experiences around the world for our guests – from once-in-a-lifetime solar eclipse sailings in Antarctica to a one-of-a-kind overnight call in Monaco for the Monte Carlo Grand Prix. The diversity of the experiences on offer is unparalleled.”
Highlights of Silversea’s new summer 2021 & winter 2021/22 voyage collection include
- An “unprecedented” Eastern Med program, including voyages to the Black Sea, the Holy Land, and Istanbul. In summer 2021, Silver Dawn, Silver Moon, Silver Shadow and Silver Spirit will all offer sailings in the Eastern Mediterranean. Following high demand, travellers will journey to Nazareth and Jerusalem in Israel on a voyage to the Holy Land from August 16, 2021, in addition to Cyprus, Turkey, and Greece. In the Black Sea, guests will travel deeper into Turkey, with an overnight in Istanbul; Ukraine; Romania; Bulgaria; and Greece, aboard Silver Shadow from September 20, 2021. New 12-night voyages between Venice and Athens include Istanbul on overnight calls.
- Two special solar eclipse voyages in Antarctica, as part of a 21-voyage season in the seventh continent. On Dec. 4, 2021, a total solar eclipse will transform the skies over the last continent, and both Silver Wind and Silver Cloud will be there. Aboard the same two ships, guests will enjoy 21 voyages to a total of 41 destinations in Antarctica. Longer sailings will also include spectacular adventures to South Georgia and the Falkland Islands.
- 30 voyages in Northern Europe, with four circumnavigations of Iceland and many new experiences in the Norwegian Fjords. Passengers will journey to a total of 122 destinations in Northern Europe, on four ships.
- A more immersive Monte Carlo Grand Prix voyage, incorporating both the French and Italian Rivieras.
- A crossing of the Northwest Passage and enhanced exploration of Svalbard. Topping its Arctic season in 2021, Silver Cloud will cross the Northwest Passage on a 24-night voyage from August 21.
- Silver Explorer’s first-ever season in Australia’s Kimberley region. For the first time ever, as part of a 12-voyage discovery of Australia and the South Pacific, Silver Explorer will journey to the unique Kimberley coastline from June to September, 2021.
- The inaugural season of Silversea’s new ship Silver Dawn, spent in the Mediterranean. Departing September 22, 2021, Silver Dawn will embark on her maiden voyage, journeying from Civitavecchia (Rome) to Venice over nine nights.
- Plus, Silver Origin, Silversea’s first-ever destination-specific ship, will sail the Galapagos archipelago on 38 voyages; Silver Wind will journey throughout West Africa; Silver Whisper will showcase 36 destinations in Canada and New England, and Silver Muse and Silver Cloud, will be in Alaska, among other destinations.