SEATTLE — Seabourn has announced its first-ever ‘Grand Africa Voyage,’ which will circumnavigate the continent and sail more than 17,000 miles over 90 days.
Sailing roundtrip from Barcelona onboard the Seabourn Sojourn, the voyage will depart on Nov. 30, 2024 and visit 44 marquee and off-the-beaten path ports and cities throughout 26 countries, with six overnight stays included in the itinerary.
Bookings are now open.
“Seabourn guests are accomplished, extraordinary people who are seeking once-in-a-lifetime experiences. Our new Grand Africa Voyage is the result of our commitment to offering unforgettable ‘Seabourn Moments’ in some of the world’s most unique and exotic destinations,” said Natalya Leahy, president of Seabourn.
“This voyage is the perfect opportunity for our guests to discover Africa’s stunning natural wonders and diverse cultures, while enjoying the uncompromising luxury and intuitive, genuine service that can only be experienced on Seabourn,” she added.
Guests who book the full 90-day Grand Africa Voyage will receive a value-packed menu of complimentary benefits and amenities, including:
- Gala Bon Voyage dinner & overnight hotel stay at Hotel Majestic prior to departure in Barcelona
- An exclusive Grand Cruise event in Cape Town
- Special Grand Cruise pillow gifts
- Roundtrip business-class air
- US$2,000 Shipboard Credit per oceanview and veranda suite ($1,000 shipboard credit per person
- US$3,000 Shipboard Credit per Penthouse and premium suite ($1,500 shipboard credit per person)
- Private car transfers door-to-door between home and airport
- Personal Valet luggage shipping service between home and ship in Barcelona
- Unlimited laundry, dry cleaning and pressing on board
- Visa package (U.S. citizens only)
In addition, those who book the Grand Africa Voyage and pay in full by July 26, 2023 will receive an additional 10% savings off the cruise-only fare.
Featured destinations on the Grand Africa Voyage include:
- Alexandria (Cairo), Egypt – Guests will spend an evening in Cairo and have the option to join an excursion to see the Pyramids at Giza.
- Safaga (Luxor), Egypt – Located on the Egyptian side of the Red Sea, Safaga is the gateway to some of Egypt’s most memorable destinations, including Luxor, Karnak and Thebes.
- Mombasa, Kenya – Guests can experience Kenya’s wildlife up close in Mombasa with overnight Seabourn Journeys, including Tsavo National Park Safaris, a Masai Mara National Reserve Safari and a Rwanda Gorilla Trek.
- Cape Town, South Africa – Known as the “Mother City” of South Africa, Cape Town is home to iconic landmarks such as Table Mountain and pristine beaches, and is also a hub for adventure tourism.
- Bom Bom Island, Sao Tome & Principe – Seabourn guests will enjoy a beach BBQ on Bom Bom Island, known for its pristine beaches, lush tropical forests, and crystal-clear waters.
- Casablanca, Morocco – Guests will spend an evening in Casablanca, the vibrant economic hub of Morocco home to bustling souks, stunning architecture, and vibrant nightlife.
Travelweek recently sat down with Steve Smotrys, vice president of Global Sales at Seabourn, who shared details about the Grand Africa Voyage. To read the interview click here.
For more information go to www.seabourn.com.