VANCOUVER — Bookings have opened for Scenic Group’s 2024-2025 ocean sailing season featuring new itineraries and the brand new Scenic Eclipse II.
Together with sister ship Scenic Eclipse, the twin ultra-luxury Discovery Yachts will call on over 500 ports across 63 countries in all seven continents.
The season will include expeditions to western Australia’s Islands of the Kimberley, the Indonesian archipelago, New Zealand and Fiji, as well as calls on Japan and South Korea. In December 2024, Scenic Eclipse II will make its inaugural voyage to Antarctica while the Scenic Eclipse will carry guests to the Antarctic peninsula and below the Antarctic Circle.
Guests booking any of the newly launched 2024-2025 sailings can receive free Business and Economy Class airfare and savings of up to $5,000 per couple (cabin level and itinerary dependent).
Highlights of the 2024-2025 season include:
AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND
- On the 11-day ‘Discover the Kimberley Coastline: An Ancient Wilderness,’ guests will explore Montgomery Reef and Horizontal Falls, plus join the onboard Discovery Team on walks in the bush during which they’ll learn about Australia’s evolutionary history. Fares begin at $16,145.
- The 12-day ‘Along the East Coast of Australia: Beaches & the Great Barrier Reef’ begins in Auckland, New Zealand and ends in Cairns, calling on a half dozen islands and the Great Barrier Reef along the way. Guests will enjoy ample opportunities for kayaking, standup paddleboarding and snorkelling. Fares start at $14,695.
- ‘Pure New Zealand: North & South Islands’ takes guests on a 13-day exploration of New Zealand, during which they’ll sample renowned wines and learn about Maori culture. For those looking to extend their stay, the 18-day ‘New Zealand In Depth’ is also available. Fares start at $22,045.
THE PACIFIC ISLANDS
- Guests joining the 15-day ‘Secrets of Indonesia: Spice Islands & Raja Ampat’ sailing will depart Darwin to explore the Spice Islands, home to some of the most biodiverse reefs on earth. Fares start at $19,404.
- The 13-day ‘Treasures of the Pacific: The Yasawas to New Zealand’ gives guests a taste of the South Pacific and New Zealand on one epic voyage. There are ample opportunities to kayak, paddleboard, snorkel and explore below the waves on the ship’s submarine. Fares begin at $15,995.
WONDERS OF ASIA
- The 17-day ‘Circumnavigation of Japan: Cultures & Traditions’ gives guests the chance to enjoy some of Japan’s most epic festivals, including cherry blossom festivals, the Takayama Spring Festival, Hiroshima’s Flower Festival, Kanda Festival, and summer’s Sanno Festival. Fares start at $29,295.
- Sailing from Indonesia to Taipei, the 17-day ‘Natural Treasures of Indonesia, Borneo & Taiwan’ showcases the diversity of the region as guests sail between modern cities, uninhabited islands and natural landscapes. Highlights include swimming with stingless jellyfish on the Derawan Islands, visiting Komodo Island, and interacting with 70 rescued orangutans at the Sepilok Rehabilitation Center. Fares start at $21,195.
For the first time, both Scenic Eclipse and Scenic Eclipse II will call on Antarctica, taking a limited number of guests – only 200 on each ship – to the White Continent.
- The 24-day ‘Antarctica’s Ross Sea: Majestic Ice & Wildlife’ offers guests nearly a month to explore Antarctica aboard Scenic Eclipse II. Guests can watch for whales with the Discovery Team, fly over the frozen landscape in one of two onboard helicopters, embark on a submarine expedition, or do all three. Fares start at $47,290.
- On the 13-day ‘Antarctica In Depth’ sailing, guests depart Argentina aboard Scenic Eclipse and cross the Drake Passage to explore the magic that is the Antarctic Peninsula. Daily excursions via kayak, paddleboard or zodiac allows for exploration on land and sea. Fares begin at $20,495.