MIAMI — Starting June 12, 2021, Royal Caribbean’s Adventure of the Seas will kick off its summer season with 7-night cruise getaways to Cozumel and top Bahamian ports, including two consecutive days at Perfect Day at CocoCay.
Adventure of the Seas will homeport in Nassau from June 12 – Aug. 28, 2021.
“This is an extremely exciting time for our brand and the industry, as a whole,” says Royal Caribbean National Account Manager, Eric St-Pierre, based in Montreal.
Bookings are scheduled to open March 24, 2021.
In an extensive 10-page FAQ about the new cruises, Royal Caribbean offers information about the new Adventure of the Seas cruises.
Here’s a sampling of questions from that FAQ…
Q. What is the planned itinerary for Adventure of the Seas?
A. “Offering roundtrip 7-night sailings from Nassau, Bahamas, Adventure of the Seas will visit Cozumel, Mexico, as well as Grand Bahama Island and two consecutive days at Perfect Day at CocoCay.”
Q. When will Adventure of the Seas begin homeporting in Nassau, Bahamas?
A. “In just a few short months, Adventure of the Seas will make The Bahamas her new home, offering a summer season between June through August 2021.”
Q. Who is eligible to book Adventure of the Seas’ new Caribbean itineraries?
A. “Guests of all nationalities and residencies are eligible to book. We are excited to welcome vacationers from around the globe.”
Q. What completed travel documents do guests need to board the ship? Are there other important requirements to prepare for boarding day?
A. “Travel requirements are fast evolving and vary depending on the port and country of departure. Communication will be sent to all booked guests in the 30 days before setting sail, to share the latest requirements for each departure port. Be sure to download the Royal Caribbean app, and update the contact information within the app profile, so that we know how to reach each guest.”
At this time, says Royal Caribbean, guests will need to provide the following:
- For guests 18 years of age and older, proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (guests under 18 years of age will be required to present negative COVID-19 test results)
- Proof of a negative SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test result for entry into the country where passengers are sailing from (age requirements vary by jurisdiction)
- Completed Royal Caribbean Health Questionnaire, available in the app 24 hours before sailing . Typical travel documents, including passport or any visas as required by the departure country
EUROPE SEASON CANCELLED FOR ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS
Royal Caribbean has also announced that Adventure of the Seas’ 2021 Europe season (and fall Transatlantic sailing) has been cancelled. The impacted sailing window is June 5 – Oct. 14, 2021.
Compensation options for impacted guests are:
125% Future Cruise Credit
- 125% Onboard Credit for PCP spend: Opt-in by April 2, 2021 (Only applicable if electing for FCC);
- FCC will be issued on-or-before April 21, 2021
- Must request on-or-before June 30, 2021
Initial option date for new FIT bookings made by April 16, 2021: Automatic extension to April 30, 2021