MIAMI — Royal Caribbean has opened the books on its 2023 European summer itineraries, with sailings to 25+ countries onboard nine of its ships.
Departures start in May 2023 and cruises range from five to 12 nights.
Here’s a quick look …
- Odyssey of the Seas (cruising from Rome)
One of Royal Caribbean’s newest additions, Odyssey of the Seas, returns to Europe after its first summer in the region in 2022. Seven- to 9-night cruises from Rome to Naples head to the Greek Isles and Turkey, plus there are 12-night Holy Land sailings to Limassol, Ephesus and Jerusalem.
- Symphony of the Seas (cruising from Barcelona & Rome)
Symphony heads to the Western Med for 7-night cruises, from Barcelona or Rome, to bucket list destinations like Naples, Palma de Mallorca and Provence.
- Serenade of the Seas (cruising from Barcelona)
Serenade will sail 8-night itineraries to the Western Med, 12-night cruises to the Greek Isles and 5-night sailings to Italy and France.
- Explorer of the Seas (cruising from Venice / Ravenna)
New to Ravenna, Italy, Explorer will explore the Aegean Sea and visit Olympia, Greece – the birthplace of the Olympic Games – for the first time, among several picturesque destinations. Seven-night cruises will sail to the Greek Isles and beyond to Kotor, Montenegro, and Chania, Crete.
- Brilliance of the Seas (cruising from Rome, Venice (Ravenna), Athens & Barcelona)
Brilliance will offer passengers a choice of four European cities to start and complete their adventures in the Western Med, Greek Isles and Adriatic Sea. The 7-night cruises will sail from Rome to Athens; Athens to Venice; Venice to Barcelona; and Barcelona to Rome.
- Rhapsody of the Seas (cruising from Haifa & Limassol)
Rhapsody will be the first Royal Caribbean ship to sail from Limassol, Cyprus and Haifa, Israel, all in one season. The new summer combination consists of 7-night sailings to ports of call in Turkey, Israel and Greece, including first-time destinations for the cruise line, like Skiathos and Thessaloniki, Greece. Starting in September, the ship will take off on short 4- and 5-night getaways from Haifa and visit Cyprus and the Greek Isles.
- Anthem of the Seas (cruising from Southampton)
Anthem will call Southampton, England, home for the third consecutive year. The ship will sail 7-night itineraries to Spain and France, or the Norwegian Fjords.
- Voyager of the Seas (cruising from Copenhagen & Stockholm)
Voyager returns to Northern Europe, sailing from Copenhagen and Stockholm to offer a mix of 7- to 11-night itineraries around Scandinavian countries, Estonia and Russia. A longer 14-night sailing from San Juan to Copenhagen features an overnight in Bermuda and visits to St. Thomas, France and Belgium.
- Jewel of the Seas (cruising from Amsterdam) Jewel will cruise roundtrip from Amsterdam on 12-night sailings to the Arctic Circle, the British Isles, Iceland and Ireland.