TORONTO — With momentum building for a strong recovery year for the travel industry, the upcoming ‘Future of Travel: 2022’ will offer the latest updates from top tour operators, tourism boards, hoteliers and more, plus feedback from the federal government’s Minister of Tourism.
‘Future of Travel: 2022’ is scheduled for Wednesday, March 2, 2022, from 1 – 3 p.m. EST. The virtual conference is the latest in Travelweek Group’s ‘Future of Travel’ series of online events.
“Few sectors have been more impacted by the pandemic than travel. And by the same token, few industries have faced the pandemic’s challenges head-on more than the travel industry. As COVID-19 appears to be subsiding, travel is headed for a resurgence, with many destinations already forecasting much shorter timelines for a return to 2019 numbers,” says Travelweek’s Publisher, Devin Kinasz.
“With our latest ‘Future of Travel’ virtual conference, we want to give the trade all the information they need as we head into this brave new world of outbound travel. This series of online events, which we started in the early months of the pandemic in 2020, has been a huge success, with our May 2021 ‘Future of Travel: Sunnier Days Ahead’ nominated for a Canadian Online Publishing Award (COPA),” she added.
Keynote speakers slated to join host Kinasz and Travelweek’s editorial team for interviews for ‘Future of Travel: 2022’ include:
- The Hon. Randy Boissonnault, Minister of Tourism and Associate Minister of Finance, Member of Parliament for Edmonton Centre, Government of Canada
- Brett Walker, Chair, CATO
- Pascal Prinz, Chair, Canada, European Travel Commission
- Carla Brake, Director of Key Accounts & Inside Sales, Globus family of brands
- Henry Perez, Director of Sales & Marketing, USA & Canada, Bahia Principe
- Marsha Alleyne, Chief Product Development Officer, Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc.
- Patricia Wu, Brand Director, Emerald Cruises Canada
- Lisa Willey, Business Development Manager, Scenic Luxury Cruises & Tours Canada
‘Future of Travel: 2022’ will also feature special guests AMR Collection, Quark Expeditions, Sandals Resorts, Grenada, Germany, Ireland, Flanders and France.
Prize opportunities for registered participants include a grand prize of a $500 Visa gift card. Registration for the March 2, 2022 event is now open; click here to register.