TORONTO — Two new lounges have debuted at Toronto Pearson International Airport just in time for holiday travel.
Plaza Premium Lounge, an independent airport lounge network, announced its expansion at YYZ this week with the launch of Landmark Lounge, the largest independently operated lounge in North America, and Concept Lounge at Terminal 1. The existing post-security Plaza Premium Lounge, meanwhile, is currently undergoing updates.
The new spaces expand Plaza Premium Lounge’s presence across Canada, which includes an additional lounge at YYZ servicing Terminal 3 domestic travellers as well as lounges in Vancouver (YVR), Edmonton (YEG) and Winnipeg (YWG).
Additionally, Plaza Premium Lounge is making airport lounge access more accessible and memorable through expanded partnerships with credit card providers, special offers for the Plaza Premium Lounge Pass, and in-lounge activations.
Here are additional details of the two new lounges at YYZ:
- This new flagship lounge is an all-inclusive airport hospitality experience that’s open to all travellers
- Located in Terminal 3, International, serving outgoing international and transit travellers
- At 11,948 square feet, it offers over 300 seats, communal and private seating arrangements, panoramic views of the tarmac, kids play area and nursing room, a wellness spa featuring massages and manicures, and showering stations
- Elevated food and beverage options include local and organic food catering to a variety of diets, from vegan to meat lovers
- Lounge to Go allows guests to take premium food options with them as they travel
- Open daily from 15:00-23:00 daily; walk-in entry available for all travellers, regardless of their airline provider or ticket class starting at $50 and via select credit cards including American Express, MasterCard and Visa
- Opened on Dec. 13, Concept Lounge is located pre-security at departures at Terminal 1, Level 3
- Each guest is provided with a Fast Track security card that makes their journey through security seamless and quick
- Lounge benefits include unlimited food, beverage and premium hot drinks, free Wi-Fi, charging stations, magazines and more
- Premium alcoholic beverages are available with upgrades
- Open to global travellers from 5:30-20:30 daily
Both lounges are available for purchase via the Plaza Premium Lounge website or designated corporate partners.
For the holiday season, Plaza Premium Lounges across Canada in Vancouver, Edmonton, Toronto and Winnipeg are inviting visitors to ‘Make A Wish Upon A Tree’ by donating to Make-A-Wish Canada. With each donation, the visitor is invited to write their wished for the new year and hang it upon the tree. Plus, until Dec. 24, canapés will be served during Plaza Premium Lounge Happy Hour. Guests can also upgrade their experience by purchasing the ‘Toast to Travelling Again’ package, which includes either a bottle or glasses of Champagne; with each purchase of the package, 10% will be donated to Make-A-Wish Canada.
Moreover, until Jan. 1, 2022, American Express cardholders will enjoy complimentary admission for their kids at select lounges within the Plaza Premium Lounge network, including its affiliated partnered lounges with Virgin Atlantic, Air France and Avianca Airlines.
All festive offers and packages are now available for reservation until Jan. 9, 2022 on the Plaza Premium Lounge website or via partnered distribution channels and corporations.
GIVE THE GIFT OF LOUNGING
Making for the perfect gift for frequent travellers, the Plaza Premium Lounge Pass (PPL Pass) powered by Smart Traveller can be purchased online via the company’s official website, and then activated, stored, redeemed and shared via Plaza Premium Group’s Smart Traveller app. It’s valid for 12 months upon activation and can be purchased for two (US$75), four ($150), or six ($198) lounge visits. The Pass can be used at any Plaza Premium Lounge globally and is fully integrated with Smart Traveller, providing the best way to earn Arrture points and redeeming rewards.
During recent months, Plaza Premium Group has expanded its global footprint to over 250 locations across 30 countries and 70 international airports by adding more than 47 locations to its network, including 24 lounges, two Aerotel hotels, two dining outlets as well as Meet & Assist passenger services across six airports.
Plus, available now until Jan. 9, 2022, those who purchase either a 4- or 6-visit PPL Pass will receive an additional lounge visit and earn double Arrture points on the purchase. Smart Traveller members will benefit from a 20% discount for Plaza Premium Lounges via online purchase, and a 10% discount for Plaza Premium First and Aerotl. People can also get a buy one, get one free offer on ALLWAYS Meet and Greet services during the promotion period.
Also available is a Student Pass promotion, which enables students to save up to 50% on a single lounge entry.