GENEVA — The 100-day countdown has begun for the new MSC Bellissima, MSC Cruises’ newest flagship that will be named in Southampton on March 2, 2019.
With a maximum capacity of 5,686 guests, the Bellissima will be the biggest ship to be named in Southampton and will be the second ship in MSC’s Meraviglia class and the fourth next-Generation ship to come into service in just over 18 months.
It will spend its inaugural season in the Mediterranean offering seven-night cruises to some of the region’s most popular ports before moving to the Emirates for winter 2019/2020.
Here are some ship highlights:
- New digital cruise assistant: Guests of the MSC Bellissima will be the first to experience ‘Zoe’, the world’s first digital cruise assistant designed to answer commonly asked questions in the comfort of staterooms. Zoe is fitted in every stateroom and is available in seven languages.
- New tapas restaurant: Located on deck 7 is HOLA! Tapas Bar by two-Michelin-starred Spanish chef Ramón Freixa. Featuring both communal and individual seating, HOLA will offer a range of traditional and inventive dishes.
- Cirque du Soleil: MSC Bellissima will be the second MSC ship to feature Cirque du Soleil at Sea, with two brand new show concepts to be revealed next month. This long-standing partnership with Cirque du Soleil will also result in four additional shows created for sister ships MSC Grandiosa, launching November 2019, and MSC Virtuosa, launching in 2020.
- Entertainment: New entertainment options include a brand new Grand Canyon-themed aquapark with three water slides, a full-size bowling alley, F1 simulator, XD cinema, and six brand new Broadway-style theatre performances in the 985-seat theatre. Guests can also participate in a full program of activities organized by the onboard entertainment team.
- Lights & promenade: MSC Bellissima’s iconic Mediterranean-style promenade features a 262-foot LED sky screen. The promenade, considered the social hub of the ship, will also feature a shopping gallery with over 200 brands.
- For kids: Onboard guests will find enriching activities and facilities designed in partnership with LEGO and Chicco. These include a 7,534-foot children’s play area featuring a new School of Magic program and weekly Magic Talent Show.
For more information go to msccruises.com.