Poll results from Travelweek’s COVID-19 Travel Agent Survey show that while many front-line agents are working overtime to keep up with all the C&Cs - counselling and cancellations - they’re also ...
PUNTA CANA — A new player has entered the all-inclusive market in the Caribbean – the newly-formed Serenade Caribbean Hotels, which will open its flagship hotel next summer in Punta Cana.
The five-star Serenade Punta Cana Beach & Spa Resort, coming in June 2020, will be a 603-room, all-inclusive property located just 10 minutes from the Punta Cana Airport and 15 minutes from downtown. Ideal for families and couples alike, it will offer six restaurants, five snack bars, day and nighttime entertainment, a casino, the Etra Spa, a disco, theatre and meeting and event space.
According to Aimee Tejeda, director of sales and marketing, the new-build property has been in the works for the past year, having broken ground on Oct. 17, 2018. “We have built the resort from the ground up, maintaining our vision of a value-added experience highlighted by luxury accommodations, amenities and services that will appeal to all guests,” she said.
Here are some highlights:
• Its 603 rooms will be divided over seven 4-storey buildings, all with a terrace that provides views of the ocean, gardens or swimming pools
• There are 12 room categories, the largest of which will accommodate six guests: Luxury Double Queen (326 rooms); Luxury King (100 rooms); Ocean View Superior Suites (24 rooms); Deluxe Junior Suites with two living rooms (72 rooms); Deluxe Junior Suites with one living room (12 rooms); Master Suites (36 rooms); Premium Suites Preferred Club (eight rooms); Premium Suites Outdoor Jacuzzi (12 rooms); Family Premium Suites (3 rooms); Serenade Exclusive Suites (7 rooms); Serenade Exclusive Family Suite (1 rooms); Serenade Presidential Suites (2 rooms)
• There will be four à la carte restaurants (steak house, Italian, Japanese, Mediterranean) and two buffet-style restaurants, the names of which are still being developed
• There are three pools: the main pool will also feature a Jacuzzi and pool bar; the children’s pool comes with a splash park, water slides, games and an integrated Jacuzzi; and an exclusive pool with a Jacuzzi for guests staying in premium room categories
• Free water sports include hobie cats, paddle boarding, kayaking, windsurfing and snorkelling; banana boat rides, parasailing, fishing, glass boat and charter boats are available for an additional charge
• Children and teenagers will have their own dedicated clubs featuring activities designed for each age group
• The 9,000 square-foot Etra Spa will boast a modern pool, sauna, Jacuzzi, massage areas and separate changing rooms for guests (spa services are additional)
• The 6,800 square-foot casino will have both table games and slot machines
• There will be 9,200 square feet of meeting space that can accommodate up to 840 people
• Other amenities include on-site shops and boutiques, a tour desk, car rental desk, discotheque, theatre, wedding gazebo, doctor’s office and laundry facilities