TORONTO — Ontario travel agency owners and travel agents looking to stay one step ahead in the game are encouraged to attend TICO’s upcoming Information and Roundtable Session.
As part of its ongoing engagement campaign, TICO is once again holding Information and Roundtable Sessions to gain insight from industry members. In addition to the organization’s current initiatives, this year’s hot topics will include fraud in the industry, which Vice President-Operations Dorian Werda says is a growing issue.
“We’re seeing a rise in fraud committed by individuals within the industry, which in turn is blindsiding registrants,” she tells Travelweek. “Owners need to have a set of checks and balances in place to help protect their business against fraud.”
Werda will be presenting several case studies of actual convictions and discussing how fraud affects business and what safety measures owners can take during the hiring, booking and invoicing process.
In addition, sessions will highlight TICO’s consumer awareness campaign and cover the pitfalls that can occur when not booking with a travel agent.
The Roundtable Session is free of charge and open to all Ontario travel agency owners and travel agents.
Here are the following dates and locations:
- Toronto/Mississauga: March 14, 4-6:30 p.m., TICO Offices, 2700 Matheson Blvd E, Suite 402, West Tower
- Toronto/Scarborough: March 16, 4-6:30 p.m., Radisson Hotel Toronto East, 55 Hallcrown Place
- Toronto/Mississauga: March 22, 4-6:30 p.m., TICO Offices, 2700 Matheson Blv E, Suite 402, West Tower
- Ajax: March 29, 4-6:30 p.m., Hilton Garden Inn, 500 Beck Crescent
- Windsor: March 30, 4-6:30 p.m., Holiday Inn & Suites, Ambassador Bridge, 1855 Huron Church Rd
- Cambridge/Kitchener: 4-6:30 p.m., Four Points By Sheraton, 210 Preston Parkway
To confirm attendance, reply to TICO at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than March 16. Space is limited.
For more information contact Susan Janko at (905) 624-6241 ext. 233 or toll-free at 1-888-451-8426 ext. 233.