MIAMI — Crystal River Cruises’ final deployment for 2021 will feature a total of 35 voyages that sail on the Rhine, Danube and Moselle rivers.
The company has planned for a gradual return to service by consolidating sailings from Crystal Bach and Crystal Mahler on similar voyages onboard their identical sister ships, Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel as part of the final deployment. Crystal Ravel and Crystal Debussy are set to return to Europe’s waterways on Aug. 29 and Aug. 30, respectively, with a focus on the line’s most popular seven-night Rhine and Danube itineraries as well as voyages that showcase the Mosel Wine Region.
Every 2021 river voyage includes at least two overnight stays, with many offering three overnights. In addition, on every voyage, the Crystal River Collection features inclusive, curated experiences ashore including a Complimentary Signature Event at the Belvedere Palace in Vienna for select Crystal Ravel sailings. All ships feature private butler service in every room category, king-sized beds, Caudalie amenities and open-seating eateries.
Following the news from the European Union about vaccinated passengers being allowed entry, all countries on Crystal River Cruises’ itineraries are now open for river cruising.
“We are looking forward with great excitement and anticipation to welcoming our guests back aboard our all-suite, all-butler serviced river ships to share the stunning cultural sights and natural beauty of Europe’s most treasured river destinations,” said Walter Littlejohn, Crystal River Cruises’ senior vice president and managing director. “While our Christmas Market voyages are completely sold out there is still availability for select voyages, which we know will be welcome news for guests who have been postponing their plans waiting for travel restrictions to ease.”
Littlejohn added that the company is seeing pent-up demand for iconic cities like Amsterdam, Budapest, Vienna and Salzburg.
“Guests will enjoy these voyages on the most innovative and luxurious river ships in the industry, with the warm and genuine service that Crystal is known featuring the highest staff-to-guest ratio among all European river lines,” he said.
Due to demand, there is limited availability on the following 2021 sailings:
RHINE & MOSELLE RIVER CRUISES (Crystal Debussy)
- 7-night ‘Legendary Rhine’ from Basel to Amsterdam, departing Aug. 30, Sept. 13, Oct. 21, Nov. 4 and Nov. 18, featuring overnights in Koblenz, Germany and Amsterdam, calling in Cologne, Rüdesheim and Mannheim, Germany, and Strasbourg, France
- 7-night ‘Romantic Rhine’ from Amsterdam to Basel, departing Sept. 6, Sept. 20, Oct. 14, Oct. 28 and Nov. 11, featuring overnights in Amsterdam and Koblenz, calling in Cologne, Rüdesheim, Mannheim and Strasbourg and cruising the scenic Middle Rhine Valley through the town of Boppard and past the Lorelei rock
- 10-night ‘Enchanting Moselle’, Amsterdam roundtrip departing Oct. 4, featuring overnights in Düsseldorf, Strasbourg and Amsterdam, calling in Rüdesheim, Mannheim, Koblenz, Cologne and Arnhem and Hoorn in the Netherlands
DANUBE RIVER CRUISES (Crystal Ravel)
- 7-night ‘Delightful Danube’ sailing eastbound from Vilshofen to Budapest, departing Aug. 29, Sept. 12, Sept. 26 and Nov. 3, featuring overnights in Vienna and Budapest, calling in Linz, Melk and Dürnstein (Austria) and Passau (Germany), cruising the Wachau Valley
- 7-night ‘Delightful Danube” sailing westbound from Budapest to Vilshofen, departing Sept. 5, Sept. 19, Oct. 27 and Nov. 10, featuring overnights in Budapest, Vienna and Vilshofen, calling in Dürnstein, Melk, Passau, cruising the Wachau Valley
- 7-night ‘Danube Serenade,’ sailing from Budapest to Vienna/Vienna to Budapest, departing Oct. 3 and Oct. 20, featuring overnights in Vienna and Budapest, calling in Dürnstein, Melk, Linz and Krems (Austria) and Bratislava (Slovakia) and cruising the Wachau Valley
- 10-night ‘Treasures of the Danube,’ Vienna roundtrip, departing Oct. 10, beginning and ending with overnights in Vienna and featuring overnights in Budapest and Passau, calling in Bratislava, Dürnstein, Melk and Linz, cruising the Wachau Valley
- 11-night ‘Dazzling Danube Holiday’ on Crystal Ravel, sailing from Budapest to Vienna (New Year’s Eve in Vienna), Dec. 22-Jan. 2, 2022, beginning with an overnight in Budapest and featuring a triple overnight in Vienna, calling in Bratislava, Passau, Vilshofen, Melk, Linz, Grein and Krems
- 10-night ‘Joyful Holidays on the Rhine’ on Crystal Debussy, Amsterdam roundtrip, Dec. 23-Jan. 2, 2022, beginning in Amsterdam and featuring an overnight in Rüdesheim and ending with a double overnight in Amsterdam for New Year’s Eve, calling in Arnhem (Netherlands), Cologne (on Christmas Day), Mannheim, Worms, Koblenz and Düsseldorf in Germany and Strasbourg, France, cruising the Middle Rhine Valley
Fares for 2021 voyages start at US$3,499 per person. ‘Book Now Savings’ are up to $2,800 per suite on select voyages through Sept. 1, 2021.