CANCUN — From Cancun, Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen to Isla Cozumel, Isla Mujeres, Holbox, Tulum, Maya Ka’an and Grand Costa Maya, Quintana Roo is home to many of the most-loved sun spots for Canadian travellers.
Now a long list of new resorts in the Mexican Caribbean destination, both recently opened and coming soon, will raise Quintana Roo’s profile even higher.
Here’s an overview …
- Now open in the growing Kanai development in Riviera Maya, the Etéreo, Auberge Resorts Collection is home to 75 oceanfront guest houses each with mangrove and ocean views and featuring floor-to-ceiling windows. The resort’s white-sand beach is also home to the region’s largest reef just 250 feet offshore.
- Also debuting in Kanai is the Riviera Maya EDITION at Kanai, set to open later this year, with 180 guestrooms and suites, plus a signature restaurant, pool bar and beach club, destination spa, and a large outdoor deck for events.
- New from Wyndham Hotels is the 458-room Wyndham Alltra Cancun All-Inclusive Resort, opened in December 2021. The family-friendly resort includes a splash park and water slides, mini-golf, 10 restaurants, bars and lounges, and included activities ranging from yoga classes to tequila tastings. Also opened last December: the 287-room Wyndham Alltra Playa del Carmen, an all-inclusive, adults-only resort.
- Over in Tulum, the new Conrad Tulum Riviera Maya Resort has sweeping sea views from the private balcony in each of the resort’s 349 rooms. The Conrad also hosts a Mayan-inspired luxury spa, five pools and 11 restaurants.
- Also in Tulum, the Hilton Tulum Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort will open summer 2022 with 735 rooms. The eco-chic property will house a luxury spa, 13 restaurants and bars, a private beach, and family zone.
- Secrets Moxché Playa del Carmen Resort is set to open its doors in February 2022 with 683 suites, an in-room rolling bar, and more. Another addition from AMR Collection, Dreams Cozumel Cape Resort & Spa will open in April 2022 on a stretch of Cozumel beach.
- Opening in early 2022, Paradisus Playa Mujeres is promoting its ‘Nature Included’ concept, with views of the gardens, the marina, and the sparkling Caribbean Sea. Resort features include a Greg Norman golf course, 12 dining options, the Reserve VIP upgrade and other luxe amenities.
- Set to open in March 2022, the 186-room Hilton Garden Inn Cancun Airport offers easy access to Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Tulum.
- The second half of 2022 will see the opening of The Royal Uno All-Inclusive Resort & Spa, with ocean views and 540 rooms.
- The Waldorf Astoria Cancun Resort is set to open September 2022 on 100 acres of the secluded Mayan coastline.
- Further north, on the car-free island of Holbox, the new Margaritaville St. Somewhere Resort Punta Coco, Holbox Island, is also scheduled to open later in 2022.