TORONTO — G Adventures has announced eight new ’18-to-Thirtysomethings’ trips in seven countries for 2021 following a recent survey that predicts millennials will be the first to ‘retravel’ post-pandemic.
The survey, conducted by the tour operator, round that 57% of 18-35-year-olds – more than any other demographic – intend to travel internationally by the middle of 2021. As such, Sean Russo, national sales manager for Canada, says there’s a huge opportunity for agents to be targeting this age group.
“This period in time is ideal for agents to look at diversifying their target markets and training themselves to feel confident selling to different types of travellers than they might have previously,” he said. “This market is also looking at how they can travel more sustainably and have a positive impact on the planet with their holiday choices. Community tourism that gives back to local people, which G Adventures pioneered 30 years ago, is perfectly positioned to meet this need.”
Five of the new tours are part of the company’s ‘Travel with Confidence Plus’ collection, which features additional physical distancing measures, a maximum group size of 12, and the Travel With Confidence’ policy health and safety measures that are now in place on all tours.
To help agents attract this younger demographic, which typically hasn’t booked through a travel agent in the past, G Adventures is also launching a new online training program as well as an agent community on Facebook dedicated to ‘Agents of Change’ who are looking to specifically target youth travellers.
The list of new 18-to-Thirtysomethings’ trips is as follows:
- Northern Thailand: Back Roads Bangkok to Chiang Mai – Plus– Seven days, priced from $699pp*
- Rajasthan: Laneways & Local Villages – Plus– 15 days, priced from $949pp
- Nepal: Mountains and Temples – Plus– 10 days, priced from $949pp
- Vietnam: Roadtrip Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City – Plus– 15 days, priced from $1,499pp
- Hawaiian Adventure: Beachin’ & Boardin’– Seven days, priced from $1,499pp
- Maldives Cruise: Indian Ocean Sailing Life– Seven days, priced from $2,079pp
- Thailand & Vietnam: Mountains & Coastlines – Plus– 21 days, priced from $2,349pp
- Sri Lanka with Maldives Cruise: Spice Gardens & Seasides– 18 days, priced from $3,699pp
For more information go to https://www.gadventures.com/travel-styles/18-to-30somethings/ or call 1 888 800 4100.