SANTA CLARITA, CA — Princess Cruises will introduce the 3,560-guest Majestic Princess in Australia for its inaugural season, calling Australia home from September 2018 to March 2019. Majestic Princess will sail itineraries from Sydney and Auckland on voyages from six to 13 days in length, calling in ports at destinations including New Zealand, Tasmania, Fiji and other islands in the South Pacific.
In total Princess Cruises plans to homeport four ships in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific for the 2018-2019 season.
“Australia and the entire South Pacific region has always had an allure as a magical place for travellers, and cruising is one of the best ways to explore this part of the world,” said Princess Cruises President Jan Swartz.
On sale now, four Princess ships will sail from six homeports on more than 95 departures with 50 unique itineraries to more than 70 destinations in 18 countries. Highlights include:
- Majestic Princess will sail on a 19- and 22-day Asia & Australia voyage departing from Shanghai in March 2019.
- Sun Princess sails 13 roundtrip departures from Sydney to New Zealand, Fiji, Tasmania and Queensland, as well as an Asia & Australia voyage sailing 19 days from Hong Kong to Sydney.
- A maiden call to Moreton Island, located off the Queensland coast and boasts one of the world’s largest sand islands, is included on the four-day Sun Princess Australia Getaway departing on Jan. 5, 2019.
- Sea Princess will make maiden calls to the Conflict Islands on her 11-day Papua New Guinea itineraries sailing from Brisbane.
- Longer cruise options on Sea Princess during the season include the full 28-day Round Australia which circumnavigates the continent as well as a popular 35-day Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific voyage sailing in April 2019.
Princess Cruises will also offer two cruisetours. The Australian Outback cruisetour immerses guests in Aboriginal culture while visiting two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Great Barrier Reef and Ayers Rock in Uluru National Park. The more extensive Ultimate Australia cruisetour includes Ayers Rock in the heart of the Outback, the Great Barrier Reef, the northern tropical city of Darwin and Cairns.