EDMONTON — After three years of waiting, 70 travel agents and 20+ suppliers gathered for ‘Reconnect with Fareconnect 2022’ in Edmonton Sept. 22 – 24.
Fareconnect.com, a host agency based in Western Canada, has independent agents from coast to coast. The conference took place at the Sandman Signature Edmonton South Hotel.
Fareconnect.com CEO Rick Gaudet says two jam-packed days of training with Fareconnect’s top suppliers was just one of the highlights. “With Fareconnect it’s not all about business, [and] there was plenty of lunch and coffee chats and even a trade show to keep the conversations flowing between everyone attending,” said Gaudet.
The conference finished off with a gala, a Fareconnect staple, to cap off two days of nonstop training. After champagne, a red carpet and dinner, the award ceremony began.
To show their support, the top prizes for specific suppliers were handed out personally by the BDMs of the company.
Here’s the list of winners …
- ACV winner: Jolane Kennedy from Calgary
- AMR winner: Ramona Sheppard from Saskatoon
- Globus Family of Brands winner: Charlene Altenberg from Saskatoon
- Manulife winner: Robert McDowell from Vancouver
- NCL winner: Lori Schneider from Medicine Hat
- Princess Cruises winner: Sherri Anne Arsenault from Waterloo
- Royal Caribbean winner: Walmer Mangilit from Winnipeg
- Sunwing winner: Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St. Albert, AB
- Travel Corporation winner: Charlene Altenberg from Saskatoon
- Viking Cruises winner: Rhonda Ennis from Medicine Hat
- WestJet Vacations winner: Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
This year Fareconnect introduced a new award for their agents, the ‘Caring Award’, which was inspired by an act of true kindness by one of their agents, Nel Anderson.
Fareconnect’s Cindy Gaudet read a letter from Holland America BDM Lori Patterson that shared the story of Anderson going above and beyond in an airport to ensure that a group of four strangers made their cruise after a flight was delayed. She managed to use her contacts and get the cruise to wait for the two couples, so they didn’t miss their entire vacation.
Here’s a look at Fareconnect’s 2022 Top Overall Sales Winners …
- Bronze Top Sales winner: Janice Butler from Medicine Hat
- Silver Top Sales winner: Robert McDowell from Vancouver
- 3rd place Gold Top Sales winner: Mia Matton from Edmonton
- 2nd place Gold Top Sales winner: Cheryl Fox from Lloydminster, AB
- 1st place Gold Top Sales winner: Jody Polyzniuk-Strauss from St Albert, AB
There was a generous draw prize for the event, a seven-day European cruise with AmaWaterways, won by Mia Matton from Edmonton.
Then the big news: Fareconnect agents will be heading to Las Vegas in fall 2023 to celebrate the company’s 20th anniversary.