Adventure awaits in Florida, where the water is always cool and the sun is always shining. Outside and inside adventure are our specialties and for good reason too. If you’re looking for an action-packed, exhilarating vacation, look no further than the Sunshine State. We’ve got every level and type of thrill-seeker covered.
- With over 1,000 miles of coastline, water adventure isn’t hard to find in Florida. From airboat rides to swimming alongside the endangered Florida manatee, water exploration is our specialty.
- In north Florida, Jackson County is home to over 70 springs that include Spring Creek and the Chipola River, a fantastic place to search for sharks teeth and arrowheads from centuries past. Bring the whole family to take a relaxing kayak, canoe or even tubing trip at Spring Creek Park.
- Let your workout take you somewhere at RUN/SUP in Santa Rosa Beach. Founded by runners and paddlers in search of a way to combine the two, RUN/SUP offers a cross-training interval style workout that brings about a new and exciting way to exercise.
- On the Gulf Coast, Bradenton visitors can fulfill their vacation fantasies by riding horseback along the shores. You can even try out the area’s creation of Horsesurfing. This interesting activity invites visitors to test their balance while riding the waves on top of a horse all while gliding through the Gulf waters.
- From the end of May to early September, Ichetucknee Springs in Fort White is the perfect place to experience Florida’s natural wetlands. Float down six miles of crystalline water with shaded hammocks and wildlife viewing opportunities. In addition to tubing, the springs also offer picnic areas as well as snorkeling, canoeing and hiking opportunities.
- Home to the United States’ only natural living coral reef, The Florida Keys has an underwater adventure all its own. The John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park has over 200 miles of underwater paradise that has been protected since 1960. From shallow reefs for snorkeling to deep dives and ship-wrecks for the more experienced diver, Florida’s Dive Capital of the World offers a tropical aquatic adventure that will provide vacation memories that last a lifetime.
- Speaking of Capitals, Florida is the proud home to yet another one. Known as the Manatee Capital of the World, Crystal River was deemed this title due to the large number of manatee populations that concentrate in the area from January to March each year. Experience an up-close animal encounter in their natural habitat at locations such as The Plantation on Crystal River.
- If you don’t have your sea legs and still want to explore all that Florida has to offer, there’s more than enough adventure to go around. These unique and exciting land adventure opportunities are guaranteed to create lasting memories.
- Jackson County offers something no other place is Florida does, guided dry-cave tours. Starting 60 feet underground, the Florida Caverns State Park takes visitors on a fascinating trip through its well preserved formations.
- Ranging from 350 to 750 feet, Empower Adventures in Oldsmar features five different ziplines to take the ride of your life. Riders will fly as high as 70 feet over mangrove swamps, salt marsh, oak hammocks and open water, all while enjoying Florida’s natural beauty.
- Combining scenic Florida landscapes and challenges for all skill levels, The Santos Mountain Bike Trail in Ocala/Marion County is one of only six bike trail systems in the United States that offers more than 60 miles of off-road adventure. This trail is filled with five miles of paved multi-use trails, featuring two-and-a-half miles of unpaved mountain biking paths complete with vertical drops of about 20 feet.
- Challenge yourself and friends to a test fit for a true Navy SEAL at the National Navy UDT-SEAL Museum in Fort Pierce. Jump, climb and race against the clock as you test your mental and physical abilities on this daring obstacle course. Including a rope climb, wall traverse and even a belly crawl, this course is free to try at your own pace with museum admission.
- Unleash your inner cowboy at Central Florida’s Westgate River Ranch Resort & Rodeo. This resort is located on the same land that Florida’s first cowboys roamed on and is situated on approximately 400,000 acres of state and federally protected wetlands. From glamping tents fit with nighttime bonfires to a 1,200 seat rodeo arena that is home to the longest-running Saturday night championship rodeo in the state, this resort is an experience that you don’t want to miss out on.
- At Disney’s Animal Kingdom, an experience not known by many awaits in the Safi River Valley. Guests can pay to take an exclusive, behind-the-scenes tour and view wild animals in their natural habitat during this three-hour Wild Africa Trek. Walk along grassland paths, cross rope bridges and ride in a rugged safari vehicle over an open savannah to see native African animals such as giraffes, hippos, crocodiles and more.