MIAMI — When Celebrity Cruises embarks on its 2023-2024 Caribbean season, it will have eight ships sailing in the region including its newest, the Celebrity Ascent.
As the fourth ship in Celebrity’s award-winning Edge Series, the Celebrity Ascent will make its highly anticipated maiden voyage on Dec. 3, 2023. After departing Ft. Lauderdale, it will explore the Eastern Caribbean for the first time, transporting guests to such destinations as Philipsburg, St. Maarten, Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, and Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic.
Following its maiden voyage, Celebrity Ascent will make roundtrip seven-night Western and Eastern Caribbean itineraries from the cruise line’s state-of-the-art Terminal 25 at Port Everglades every Sunday. Eastern Caribbean sailings will visit San Juan, Puerto Rico; Tortola in BVI; and Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis. Western Caribbean sailings will sail to Nassau, Bahamas; Cozumel, Mexico; and George Town in the Cayman Islands.
“We’re so excited to debut the spectacular Celebrity Ascent in the serene setting of the Caribbean where she and all of her guests will have their moment in the sun,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, CEO and President of Celebrity Cruises. “She will be joined by her seven sisters all offering different experiences both onboard and ashore.”
Here are some highlights of the 2023-2024 season:
- Celebrity Ascent will be joined by sister Edge-Series ships Celebrity Apex and Celebrity Beyond. Beginning November 2023, Celebrity Apex will embark on rotating seven-night Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries from Ft. Lauderdale. In Eastern Caribbean, ports include San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Thomas and Puerto Plata, while on Western Caribbean itineraries, guests will visit Key West, Grand Cayman and Belize.
- Celebrity Beyond, meanwhile, will host 9-, 10- and 11-night voyages to the South Caribbean, including overnight stops in Oranjestad, Aruba. A shorter sailing on Beyond will take guests on a six-night cruise to Bimini, Bahamas.
- The recently modernized Celebrity Silhouette is returning to The Bahamas and the Southern Caribbean with itineraries ranging from 4 to 11 nights. And for the first time since 2011, Celebrity Silhouette will visit Scarborough, the main city on the island of Tobago.
- Celebrity Constellation is offering a 12-night cruise departing from Tampa that starts with a double overnight stay in New Orleans for Fat Tuesday. Guests will then journey to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel.
- For those looking for short getaways, the Celebrity Summit will sail from Miami on alternating four- and five-night Western Caribbean itineraries.
- The award-winning Celebrity Reflection and Celebrity Equinox will offer 8-night Eastern Caribbean and 6-night Western Caribbean sailings, which include stops at the Dutch island Kralendijk, Bonaire.
For more information go to https://www.celebritycruises.com/2023-2024-cruise.