MIAMI — The Carnival Triumph is getting a US$200 million makeover that will include a brand new name and bow-to-stern updates.
After undergoing a two-month-long refurbishment in Cadiz, Spain starting on March 1, 2019, the ship will rejoin Carnival’s Sunshine class as Carnival Sunrise, featuring updated staterooms, an expanded spa and additional food and beverage outlets.
Following a renaming ceremony, the ship will then re-enter service with a series of five- to seven-day voyages from Norfolk, Virginia beginning April 29, 2019, a summer schedule of four- to 14-day departures from New York starting May 23, 2019, and then move to Fort Lauderdale in October.
Here are some key highlights of the Carnival Sunrise’s enhancements:
- The redesign of two luxurious Captain’s Suites adjacent to the navigational bridge that includes floor-to-ceiling windows and extended balcony grand suites
- All staterooms will be updated to offer bright colours and pastels inspired by the line’s Caribbean itineraries
- The Chef’s Table will be a new multi-course dining experience hosted in a glass-enclosed venue in the forward dining room
- The new Guy’s Pig & Anchor Bar-B-Que Smokehouse will be an open-air casual eatery featuring BBQ favourites created by Food Network star Guy Fieri
- Piano Bar 88 will be a new twist on Carnival’s popular piano bar concept featuring themed nights, new décor and sing-along fun
- The new multi-purpose Liquid Lounge will boast an expansive theatre where guests can enjoy daytime and nighttime entertainment
- SportSquare will include a ropes course, basketball court, jogging track, ping pong, foosball, pool tables and a nine-hole miniature golf course
- WaterWorks will feature a 230-foot-long Aqua Tunnel slide and Carnival’s signature 212-foot-long Twister slide as well as a 75-gallon PowerDrencher tipping bucket and kiddie area
- Serenity Adult Only Retreat will offer adult guests plush chaise lounges, whirlpools and oversized umbrellas
- Cloud 9 Spa will be home to an elaborate thermal suite, private treatment rooms and the latest cardio and weight-training equipment
- Kids and teens facilities will include the new Camp Ocean, a marine-inspired play area designed for guests ages 2-11, along with new spaces for Circle ‘C’ aimed at 12- to 14-year olds and Club O2 for those 15-17
- Expanded retail spaces in a mall-style shopping area will include the line’s own branded spaces like Hip Fish and The Carnival Store, in addition to retail outlets offering jewelry, watches and fragrances
“These new dining spaces and features complement many of Carnival’s signature food and beverage outlets that were added during previous renovations, including Guy’s Burger Joint developed in tandem with Guy Fieri,” said Gus Antorcha, Carnival’s chief operating officer, who has led the reimagination of Carnival Sunrise and many other ships in the fleet. “Carnival’s investments are part of an overall plan that is raising the bar on ship amenities and features, itineraries and offshore excursions that our guests are loving.”