Azamara’s 2020 itineraries include first-ever call in Africa & more specialty voyages
Friday, May 18, 2018
NEW YORK – Here are the numbers for Azamara Club Cruises’ newly announced 2020 itineraries: 92 individual cruises, three ships, 41 maiden ports, 303 late-night stays, 170 overnight stays and 40 voyages.
Itineraries, says the cruise line, will emphasize more time in ports. Plus, the season will feature new Land and Sea packages hosted by Micato Safaris, a luxury safari outfitter, as well as a call in South Africa, Azamara’s first-ever call on the African continent.
“Our guests spoke and we listened. The addition of our third ship, the Azamara Pursuit, has allowed us to expand our footprint across all seven continents, bringing guests to new destinations, new experiences and new opportunities,” says Larry Pimentel, President and CEO.
Pimentel also noted that in 2020, Azamara will offer a total of 473 late-night and overnight stays, a 12% increase from 2019. “This will allow us to provide our guests with the opportunity to experience night touring at some of the most compelling destinations.”
Here are some highlights of 2020:
Africa & South Pacific
- New South Africa itineraries will coincide with pre- and post-cruise packages from Micato Safaris, with 30 departures of two tours: ‘Five-Night Kruger to Cape: A Wildlife & Culinary Safari’, and ‘Five-Night Wild Wonders of the Worlds – Victoria Falls & Botswana Safari’
- Shore excursions in Africa include: ‘Cruise Global, Stay Local – Kenya’, which includes two game viewing drives and a night at the Neptune Mara Rianta Luxury Camp; ‘Cruise Global, Meet Local – South Africa’, during which guests will learn how to make a sword, shield and a traditional Zulu grass hut; and ‘Cruise Global, Taste Local – South Africa’, which takes guests to the Paarl region for a vino tasting at a wine estate.
- The 18-night maiden voyage to French Polynesia and Hawaii visits Maui, Oahu and Hilo. Guests can choose land experiences such as ‘Cruise Global, Eco Local – French Polynesia’, during which a marine biologist will teach them about dolphins, and ‘Cruise Global, Adventure Local – Hawaii’, an underwater exploration of Maui onboard a passenger submarine.
- Nearly half of 2020 itineraries will include country-intensive voyages, including Ireland, Scotland, Denmark and South Africa.
- For the first time, Azamara’s three sister ships will meet on Oct. 8, 2020 in Koper, Slovenia, where the cruise line will host a grand ‘Amazing Evening’ in port for guests on all three ships before sailing together to Venice.
- Holiday and Christmas sailings ring in the New Year in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Cape Town.
- On Feb. 20, 2020, the Azamara Quest will embark on the brand’s second World Journey from Cape Town to Southampton.
- The ‘Triple Tour’ is a 42-night voyage starting May 26, 2020 from Athens to Copenhagen. More details to come in early summer 2018.
New Stateroom Category
- Starting in 2020, Azamara will offer a more inclusive stateroom category called Veranda Plus, which will have the same dimensions and features as a regular Veranda stateroom but will include additional benefits such as Internet minutes, one night of specialty dining, priority embarkation and more, all for a slightly higher cost.
To preview Azamara’s 2020 deployment video, click here.