MIAMI — Azamara is heading back to Venice next year with a total of 32 voyages for the 2023 Europe season.
Beginning April 3, 2023, passengers will be able to visit the lagoon city as part of Azamara Journey’s 12-Night The Best of The Med Voyage. In addition, starting next spring, the line’s four-ship fleet will access the Venetian Lagoon ports of Chioggia and Fusina.
“Thanks to our longstanding relationship with the local officials and port authorities of Venice, we’re thrilled to not only bring our guests back to this historic canal city, but also to allow them to discover the wonders of neighbouring towns such as Chioggia, which only smaller ships can visit,” said Mike Pawlus, Azamara’s Director of Strategic Itinerary & Destination Planning. “We look forward to once again immersing our guests in the rich local culture and amazing historical sites that the destination has to offer.”
Highlights of the upcoming sailings to Venice include:
- 7-Night Italy Intensive Voyage: This seven-night Country Intensive itinerary features late nights in Ravenna, Kotor and Amalfi, as well as an overnight in Rome.
- 7-Night Amalfi & Dalmatian Coasts Voyage: Guests aboard this seven-night voyage will sail along the Amalfi and Dalmatian Coasts and enjoy four late stays, including Sorrento, Kotor, Dubrovnik and Sibenik. They’ll also spend an overnight in Venice.
To complement the sailings, Azamara offers an array of immersive shore excursions including:
- An intimate evening gondola ride accompanied by a local singer and an accordionist
- A motorboat cruise to neighbouring isles Murano and Burano, where guests will enjoy a tour of an acclaimed glass-blowing factory and a demonstration of traditional lace making
- A guided walking tour with a local expert that includes visits to the church of Saint Rocco and Campo San Polo, one of the oldest squares in Venice
For more information go to www.azamara.com.