NEW ALBANY — ‘Tis the season to travel and save, says American Queen Steamboat Company, which is celebrating ‘Christmas in July’ with up to $1,000 in bonus savings.
The cruise line, which is reporting a nearly sold-out 2021 season following its recently announced Freedom campaign, is encouraging guests to book early to take advantage of savings on select holiday itineraries aboard the American Duchess, American Queen, American Empress and its newest paddlewheeler, American Countess.
“Our thoughtfully curated voyages celebrate the season with memorable enrichment programming, as well as shoreside experiences that immerse guests in the sights and sounds of this festive time of year,” said Shawn Bierdz, president of American Queen Steamboat Company. “Our team is dedicated to creating an atmosphere that embraces the genuine and hospitable spirit of the season so that guests can experience the time-honored traditions of the South while creating new memories.”
This season, limited-edition, nine-day sailings will include traditional holiday dinners, historic mansions, world-class music and more. They include the following:
- Memphis to New Orleans: Featuring magnificent views of the Mississippi River landscapes, this itinerary is available onboard the American Queen (Dec. 12 and 19), American Duchess (Dec. 19), and American Countess (Dec. 4, 11, 18 and 25).
- Memphis to Nashville: While on the American Duchess, guests will visit charming port towns including New Madrid, Mo. And Paducah, Ky. The itinerary’s main event will be an onboard performance by American country music legend Lee Greenwood during a visit to Clarksville, Tn., where the singer calls home. Upcoming dates for this Country Christmas itinerary are Dec. 5 and 12.
- Roundtrip New Orleans: Guests will sail along the storied Mississippi to towns steeped in heritage. Upcoming dates include Dec. 26 on the American Queen and Nov. 21 and Dec. 26 on the American Duchess.
- Roundtrip Portland (Vancouver, Wash.): Guests will discover eclectic local cuisine, craft beers and wines on this seven-day holiday sailing departing Nov. 26, Dec. 1 and Dec. 6 on the American Empress.
- Memphis to New Orleans: This voyage, departing Dec. 19 on the American Duchess and Dec. 19 on the American Queen, whisks guests away to experience Creole and Cajun holiday traditions in the lower Mississippi. Highlights include gingerbread decorating, ornament making and caroling.
- New Year’s Celebration: This cruise has been specially curated to include an onboard gala with music, dancing and a champagne toast on New Year’s Eve. Upcoming dates for this New Year’s Celebration itinerary include Dec. 26 on the American Queen and Dec. 26 on the American Duchess.
Holiday fares start at US$1,499 per guest. All sailings include a one-night, pre-voyage hotel stay, unlimited hop-on-hop-off shore excursions in all ports, unlimited beverages with alternative dining and a host of other amenities.
Christmas in July savings are available on select bookings through Aug. 31, 2021 and can be accessed with the offer code FREEDOM.
American Queen Steamboat Company is the first fully vaccinated U.S. river cruise line. As part of its Freedom campaign, guests are no longer required to wear masks while onboard or receive pre-cruise testing. They can also enjoy unrestricted access to hop-on-hop-off shore excursions.
For more information go to www.americanqueensteamboatcompany.com.