NEW ALBANY — The holidays are months away but it’s never too soon to think about holiday season travel bookings, now available with the American Queen Steamboat Company.
AQSC has opened the books on American Queen and sister ships the American Empress and the American Duchess for holiday season itineraries running from mid-November through the New Year, with itineraries along the Lower Mississippi River and its largest tributaries.
Holiday sailings this season will again include the Christmas markets along the Lower Mississippi river as well as special onboard entertainment, strolling carolers in St. Francisville, Louisiana and departure serenades from the levees of Vicksburg and Natchez, Mississippi.
Another option, the Cumberland River, will see holiday voyages departing between Nashville and Chattanooga. And for the second year in a row American Empress cruises in the Pacific Northwest will be included in this offer.
“Our holiday cruises offer a special opportunity for our guests to experience the magic of the season in some of the most storied riverports in America,” says American Queen Steamboat Company President and COO, Ted Sykes.
Holiday sailings on the American Queen, the American Duchess and the American Empress include these themed voyages:
- Memphis to New Orleans, Nov. 25 – Dec. 3, Dec. 9 – 17, , Dec. 23 – Dec. 31
- New Orleans to Memphis, Nov. 18 – 26, Dec. 2 – 10 , Dec. 16 – 24
- Nashville to Chattanooga, Nov. 18 – Nov. 26
- Chattanooga to Nashville, Nov. 25 – Dec. 3
- Nashville to Memphis, Dec. 2 – Dec. 10
- Clarkston, WA to Vancouver, WA (Portland), Nov. 4 – 12
- Portland, OR roundtrip, Nov. 16 – 20, Nov. 20 – 24
- New Orleans roundtrip, Dec. 16 – Dec. 24, Dec. 23 – Dec. 30, Dec. 30 – Jan. 3
Introductory holiday fares start at US$699 per person and all trips include a one-night pre-cruise hotel stay, shore tours in all ports and free wine and beer with dinner. AQSC can be reached at 1-888-749-5280 or AmericanQueenSteamboatCompany.com.