MONTREAL — There’s good news for Aeroplan Elite Status members: Air Canada is extending their current status and providing greater ease and flexibility.
Saying that “loyalty is a two-way street,” Mark Nasr, Senior Vice President, Products, Marketing and eCommerce at Air Canada announced several updates for Elite members, including the extension of current Elite Status until the end of 2022, in addition to a previous extension through 2021, as well as the possibility to accelerate their status qualification in the years ahead.
“We understand and appreciate why so many of your travel plans are interrupted this year. For that reason, we are automatically extending Aeroplan Elite Status for an additional year, through to the end of 2022,” he said. “These changes are some of the many ways we’re recognizing our members and demonstrating our commitment to welcoming them back onboard, whenever it’s the right time for them to travel again.”
This is the second year Air Canada has extended the status of its Aeroplan Elite members. Changes include the following:
- Automatic extension of 2021 Aeroplan Elite Status: All Aeroplan Elite Status for 2021 will automatically be extended through to the end of 2022.
- Extension of Priority Reward Vouchers: Air Canada is also extending the validity of all unused Priority Reward vouchers issued in 2020 by one full year, making them valid for use until October 2022.
- Elite Status Qualification Jumpstart for 2022: For Aeroplan members who earn any Elite Status through their 2021 flight activity, the Status Qualifying Miles, Segments, and Dollars earned in 2021 will be honoured the next year, jumpstarting their status qualification in the years to come.
The following improvements come in addition to other changes for all Aeroplan members:
- Change or cancel Flight Rewards, free of charge: Aeroplan flight rewards booked through April 30, 2021, for travel through April 2022, can be changed or cancelled free of charge, at any time. Members who opt to cancel will receive all of their Aeroplan points back in their account, plus a full refund of any associated taxes, fees and surcharges on the unused value of their travel.
- Temporary pause to expiration of Aeroplan points: Air Canada has further paused expiry of Aeroplan points until Jan. 31, 2022, meaning that between now and Jan. 30, 2022, any points that would have expired will not. Effective Jan. 31, 2022, its recently improved expiration policy will apply, meaning points will expire if an eligible transaction has not been completed prior to this date.
For more information about Aeroplan updates click here.