From L-R: Rubi S. Palacio, Director of Sales & Marketin, Meliá Vallarta; Angie Díaz, Regional Sales Manager Dominican Republic, Meliá
Hotels International; Aljenadro Graniel, Director of Sales & Marketing, Meliá |Cozumel; Tania Martinez Acosta, Director of Sales & Marketing, Paradisus by Meliá Cancun; and Sandra Salazar, Sales Manager USA & Canada, Paradisus by Meliá Playa del Carmen
Everything that’s new & upcoming with Meliá Hotels International
Tuesday, October 16, 2018
TORONTO — With eight brands in total, it’s no surprise that there’s a lot happening at Meliá Hotels International, most notably a brand new luxury resort coming in spring 2019.
While on a North American road show that included stops in Toronto, Montreal, Edmonton and Vancouver, representatives from several of its brands shared the latest happenings with members of the media, just in time for the busy winter booking season.
Here are some key takeaways from the Toronto stop:
- As of Dec. 15, 2018, Meliá Caribe Tropical in Punta will be split into two separate properties: the adults-only, 538-room Meliá Punta Cana Beach Resort, and the all-ages, 609-room Meliá Caribe Beach Resort. Meliá Punta Cana will offer THE LEVEL, Meliá’s elevated service concept featuring upscale amenities like VIP lounge check-in/out, an exclusive pool, restaurant, premium beverages and hors d’oeuvres throughout the day. Meanwhile, the rooms at Meliá Caribe Beach will include 154 THE LEVEL Suites, 123 Beachside Family Rooms, and a mix of 322 Premium Beachside and Deluxe Rooms. Guests at both properties will enjoy dine-around privileges for a total of 13 restaurants.
- Also opening on Dec. 15 is the brand new, 432-room The Grand Reserve, located at the entrance of Paradisus Palma Real in Punta Cana. This resort-within-a-resort boasts one- and two-bedroom suites that range up to 3,000+ square feet and feature independent soaking tubs and balconies with hydro-massage whirlpool tubs. Its Swim-Up Suites offer one- or two-bedroom accommodations with direct access to an exclusive pool, garden and solarium.
- Paradisus Playa del Carmen will welcome a brand new waterpark this winter, located outside of the Kid’s Zone area and available to all guests of the hotel. It will include three pools, five water slides, dumping buckets and a splash pool for small toddlers.
- Set to debut in spring 2019 is the brand new Paradisus Playa Mujeres, located north of Cancun. As the fifth Paradisus-branded property in Mexico, this luxury all-inclusive resort will offer 498 rooms with Internet and private balconies, Family Concierge, plus the adults-only Royal Service section featuring private butlers. Other highlights include four pools, six bars, seven restaurants, arcade, theatre, kids club, the renowned YHI Spa, and a convention centre that can accommodate up to 1,500 people.
- Paradisus Los Cabos has joined The Leading Hotels of the World, one of the largest global hotel collections comprising over 400 properties. As Meliá’s fourth hotel in Mexico, this all-inclusive beachfront property truly impresses with 350 rooms including 98 Royal Service Suites with butler service, 30 Family Concierge Suites, 28 Ocean View Swim-up Suites, the adults-only Royal Service, four pools, seven bars, seven restaurants, a wine cellar, beach club, convention centre and the YHI Spa.
- The four-star, all-inclusive Meliá Cozumel Golf Resort is the perfect place for clients in search of rest, relaxation and solitude. Known for its diving and golf, Cozumel was recently voted by the Florida-Caribbean Cruise Association (FCCA) as the #1 destination worldwide.
For more information go to meliahotelsinternational.com.
Deputy Editor at Travelweek
Cindy is Deputy Editor at Travelweek and has worked for the company since 2007. She has travelled to more than 50 countries and counts Kenya, Morocco, Thailand and Turkey among her favourite destinations.
Latest posts by Cindy Sosroutomo (see all)