SEATTLE — Though currently grounded due to the COVID-19 crisis, Windstar Cruises is looking ahead to the future with its newly unveiled 2021 sailing schedule.
Featuring major changes, the schedule applies to its fleet of six yachts: Star Breeze, Star Legend, Star Pride, Wind Spirit, Wind Surf, and Wind Star. Three of its Star Class yachts are set to emerge in 2020 and 2021 from a major transformation and ‘stretch’ in Italy.
“We’ve made changes to our 2021 cruise schedule to accommodate new launch dates of the Star Class yachts and a desire for more sailings from U.S. and Caribbean ports,” said Xanterra and Windstar Crises CEO Andrew Todd. “And though bookings are ahead of where they were at this time last year, we want to offer the best deal we can to travellers ready to cruise in 2021.”
To celebrate the 2021 sailing schedule, Windstar has unveiled its ‘Save Now & Sail Later’ one-week sale, open now until June 4. The sale includes a variety of cruises in 2021 with rates starting at US$1,299 per guest, based on double occupancy.
Details of the sale are as follows:
- Guests cruising on voyages 14 days or more in a premium suite (Owners Suites, Classic Suites, Wind Surf Suites, Bridge Suites) will receive a $1,000 per stateroom SBC ($500 per guest)
- Guests cruising on voyages under 14 days in a premium suite (Owners Suites, Classic Suites, Wind Surf Suites, Bridge Suites) will receive a $400 per stateroom SBC ($200 per guest)
- Guests cruising on voyages 14 days or over in any other category will receive a $400 per stateroom SBC ($200 per guest)
- Guests cruising on voyages under 14 days in any other category will receive a $200 per stateroom SBC ($100 per guest).
Sample itineraries include:
- Dreams of Tahiti – a seven-day voyage on a graceful sailing ship in the South Pacific, with rates starting from $1,399 per guest. There are 24 dates to choose from as part of the sale.
- Costa Rica & the Panama Canal – a seven-day journey full of natural and man-made wonders, with rates starting from $1,499 per guest. There are five departure dates to choose from as part of the sale.
- Yachtsman’s Caribbean – a six- or seven-day cruise to hidden coves and tiny harbors typically only private yachts frequent, with rates from $1,399 per guest. There are five different dates to choose from as part of this sale, plus a variety of similar Caribbean itineraries.
Here is a roundup of updates for each of Windstar’s yachts:
STAR BREEZE: Fresh from a major transformation that include additional suites and amenities onboard, the 312-guest Sar Breeze begins sailing Oct. 27, 2020. Its new schedule includes four cruises in the Med before heading to the Caribbean to sail among the islands from late December 2020 to March 2021. In late April, Star Breeze will sail two new Central American cruises from Miami – a first for Windstar – before embarking on new itineraries in Costa Rica and Panama, Mexico, and along the West Coast to Vancouver where it will begin summer cruising in Southeast Alaska. In September, the yacht sails for Asia and then on to its first season in Australia and New Zealand in December 2021.
STAR LEGEND: The 312-guest yacht is scheduled to emerge from renovations in March 2021 and will sail in the Mediterranean, Northern Europe and Central America.
STAR PRIDE: The 312-guest Star Pride will leave the shipyard in June 2021 and begin sailing in July in Northern Europe, Iceland, Greenland and Canada. On Oct. 23, 2021, it will depart New York City for San Juan, Puerto Rico and Caribbean island itineraries.
WIND SPIRIT: The 148-guest Wind Spirit will be the first yacht to resume sailing on Sept. 3, 2020 in Tahiti after Windstar suspended operations due to COVID-19. It will sail seven-, 10- and 11-day cruises year-round in Tahiti.
WIND SURF: The 342-guest Wind Surf will resume sailing in the Caribbean on Nov. 29, 2020 where it will sail until an April ocean crossing takes it to the Mediterranean for the rest of the year.
WIND STAR: The 148-guest Wind Star will begin sailing on Jan. 23, 2021 in Costa Rica and Panama before heading to the Mediterranean and Greek Islands.
Windstar’s Travel Assurance Booking Policy allows travellers to cancel their cruise up to 15 days prior to departure and receive a 100% future cruise credit based on money paid on the booking, to be used on all sailings through Dec. 31, 2021.