MYRTLE BEACH — The 58th annual Canadian-American Days lasts just one week, March 9 – 17, however select Myrtle Beach area hotels, merchants and attractions are offering discounts from January through April 2019 for travellers with a valid Canadian passport.
Leading in at 25% and ramping up to as much as 55%, the discounts aim to help Canadians ‘make up’ the difference in the Canadian exchange rate.
“We have been a favourite destination for Canadian visitors for decades, and we want them to know that we appreciate them and welcome them to the Grand Strand,” says Karen Riordan, President and CEO of the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce. “The late winter and early spring seasons offer mild weather, more affordable accommodations and more elbow room at area attractions. The special promotions for our Canadian neighbors provide even more incentive by bridging the gap in the exchange rate.”
Riordan says that during Canadian-American Days, Canadians can get free coffee and donuts at the Myrtle Beach Area Chamber of Commerce at 1200 North Oak Street while they gather information on the region’s vast-array of attractions.
Canadians can also enjoy special tours in Conway, SC March 12-15. The city of Conway, just a short drive from Myrtle Beach, is offering tours of the Bryan House, Waccamaw River Tours, an historic walking tour, and Horry County Museum tours.
Special offers for Canadians begin in January and in most cases continue through September, and in some cases, even longer. Here’s a sampling…
- Vacation Myrtle Beach Resorts – up to 55% off at on stays of 7 nights or longer, with a variety of oceanfront resorts with an array of amenities (through Sept. 21).
- Beach Cove Resort – Up to a 50% discount on stays 7 nights or longer. All-oceanfront accommodations, indoor pool, free W-Fi and more (through Sept. 21)
- Captain’s Quarters Oceanfront Resort – Up to 48% off stays 7 nights or longer! Indoor and outdoor pools, on-site bowling, free WiFi (through Sept. 21).
- The Caravelle Resort – Up to 48% off stays 7 nights or longer. Block-long poolscape, indoor pool, sun deck, oceanfront lawn, on-site dining (through Sept. 21).
- Carolina Winds Resort – Up to a 52% off for stays 7 nights or longer. Indoor pool, oceanfront lawn, nearby tennis access (Feb. 12 – Sep. 21).
- Coral Beach Resort & Suites – 10% discount and $10 per night resort credit (March 1 – 31).
- Beach Colony Resort – Up to a 50% discount on stays 7 nights or longer. Indoor and seasonal outdoor pools, free WiFi (through Sept. 21).
- Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark – Up to 50% off stays 7 nights or longer. On-site waterpark, indoor and outdoor pools, lazy river, game zone, oceanfront dining (through Sept. 21).
- Forest Dunes Resort – Up to 44% off stays 7 nights or longer! Quiet location on the Golden Mile, indoor and seasonal outdoor pool, exercise room ( Feb. 12 – Sept. 21).
- hotel BLUE – Up to 50% off stays 7 nights or longer. Indoor lazy river, outdoor whirlpool and pool, oceanfront access (through Sept. 21).
- Landmark Oceanfront Resort – Up to 48% off stays 7 nights or longer. Renovated indoor and outdoor pool deck, on-site dining, free WiFi, seasonal putt-putt (through Sept. 21).
- Ocean Creek Resort – Up to 55% off stays 7 nights or longer. A 57-acre gated resort with multiple pools, walking paths, natural creek, free WiFi (through Sept. 21).
- The Palace Resort – Up to 52% off stays 7 nights or longer. Whirlpools, seasonal outdoor pools (Feb. 12 – Sept. 21).
- Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort – $10 resort credit for each night (through April. 30).
- Sea Watch Resort – Up to 50% off stays 7 nights or longer. Multiple pools and whirlpools, lazy rivers, free WiFi (through Sept. 21).
Coupons are not needed to receive the discount; clients just need to show a valid Canadian ID. Special offers will continue to be added on the Can-Am promotions page where more detailed information, as well as restrictions, will be posted.
Canadian/International Sales Manager, Myrtle Beach Area CVB, Kimberly Hartley, reminds agents that the new 2019 Visitors Guide and 2019 Meeting Group Planner Guide have both arrived for distribution and agents can contact Envoy (envoynetworks.ca) to place their order or contact Hartley directly. “Visitor Guides are ideal as a reference for travel agents and a take-along guide for consumer clients who are flying or driving to Myrtle Beach this year. The guide includes a pull-out map and discount coupons,” says Hartley.
Porter Airlines has resumed its annual seasonal air service from Billy Bishop Toronto City Centre Airport (YTZ) to Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) starting Feb. 13 through to May 19, twice weekly on Wednesdays and Saturdays with more frequent flights during March Break, she adds. Porter Escapes offers ITC packages with air, accommodations and attractions to Myrtle Beach during this seasonal period.
Also WestJet Encore will offer its annual seasonal air service from Pearson to Myrtle Beach International Airport (MYR) starting April 29 through to Oct. 27, twice per week on Mondays and Fridays.