LOS ANGELES — For the first time in its history, Viking will be offering a choice of two departure dates for its new 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise.
Spanning 138 days, the epic voyage will visit 28 countries, call in 57 ports and stay overnight in 11 cities. Guests can choose to sail either on Viking Sky, which will depart on Dec. 20, 2023 from Ft. Lauderdale, or on Viking Neptune, which will depart Ft. Lauderdale on Dec. 23, 2023. Both ships will sail the identical itinerary in parallel.
From Florida, guests will journey to Central America before transiting the Panama Canal and sailing up the West Coast of North America. A shorter 121-day Viking World Journeys itinerary is also available, allowing guests to join in Los Angeles and cross the Pacific Ocean to call in Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand before exploring ports in Asia and the Middle East. Finally, the ships will journey through the Mediterranean and conclude the voyage in London.
The launch of the 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise follows the hugely successful 2021 and 2022 World Cruises, which sold out in record time.
“We are delighted to once again offer explorers the opportunity to circumnavigate the world in comfort. Our previous World Cruises sold out in a matter of weeks, and we are now seeing more interest in these extended voyages than ever before,” said Torstein Hagen, Chairman of Viking. “Like me, our guests are curious people; we view travel as an opportunity to discover, learn and grow. With that Viking spirit of exploration, our seamless World Cruises are possibly the greatest of all adventures.”
2023-2024 Viking World Cruise highlights include:
- Kauai (Nawiliwili), Hawaii – Guests can embark on a scenic drive to Wailua, known as the “Land of the Kings,” to admire stunning nature including the 150-foot high ʻŌpaekaʻa Falls, visit Nawilliwilli’s Old Town and enjoy a walk along the beach, or peruse the shops of nearby Anchor Cove.
- Sydney, Australia – An overnight stay allows ample time to explore this culture-rich city, from its world-class opera house to the natural wonders of the nearby Blue Mountains.
- Singapore, Singapore – Guests can take a tour of the city’s eclectic neighborhoods, from Little India to Arab Street, visit the futuristic horticultural park showcasing more than one million plants, or enjoy a Night Safari at the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park.
- Mumbai, India – While in port in Mumbai for two nights, guests have more time ashore to learn about the life and legacy of activist Mahatma Gandhi, enjoy the Hanging Gardens, one of the prized few parks found in the city, and explore the diversity of its neighborhoods, from the picturesque narrow streets of Old Mumbai to the colourful markets in the city’s center.
- Istanbul, Turkey – Istanbul offers a wealth of religious sites to explore such as the spectacular Blue Mosque or the legendary Hagia Sophia, and boasts delicious fusion cuisine, combining fresh Mediterranean fare with spices from the Far East and Asia.
- London (Greenwich), England – The journey concludes in the historic Royal Borough of Greenwich, London on the Thames River, allowing easy access to the regal capital’s iconic sights, including the Tower of London, Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Pricing for the 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise starts at US$54,995 per person; pricing for the 2024 Viking World Journeys itinerary starts at $49,995 per person, based on double-occupancy. Both of Viking’s new World Cruise itineraries offer up to $50,000 per couple in Viking Value, including Business Class international air, transfers to and from the ship, all shipboard gratuities and service fees, complimentary visa services, the Silver Spirits Beverage Package, and free luggage shipping services for embarkation.
Guests who book between now and Sept. 30, 2021 will receive an additional $2,000 per person in shore excursion credit for any optional land programs and $1,000 per person in shipboard credit which can be used toward optional tours, spa services, onboard shops and beverages. Viking Explorer Society members who book the 2023-2024 Viking World Cruise or Viking World Journeys through Sept. 30, 2021 will receive an additional $1,000 in shipboard credit per person.