TORONTO — Travelweek’s third installment of its hugely popular ‘Future of Travel’ online conference series takes place today, and it couldn’t have been better timed, says Publisher Devin Kinasz.
Happening live between 1-3:30 p.m. EST, ‘Future of Travel: A Brand New Year’ comes less than a week after Prime Minister Trudeau announced the mass cancellation of sun flights by all four of Canada’s top airlines, as well as unprecedented new travel rules that include mandatory PCR testing and costly hotel quarantines.
Today’s viewership is anticipated to reflect concern over these new developments as travel agents and industry professionals struggle to navigate through ever-evolving rules and regulations.
“Last week’s announcement was a shock to the travel industry, resulting in even more challenges ahead for everyone, from airlines to tour operators, and destinations to travel agents,” says Kinasz. “Today’s conference hopes to address these challenges and bring the industry together as we try to find a way to move forward.”
There are plenty of reasons to remain hopeful for 2021, adds Kinasz, all of which will also be discussed today by keynote speakers.
“We know that there’s pent-up demand, we know travellers are already booking for 2022 and beyond, and suppliers are doing everything they can to inspire travel and entice forward bookings,” she adds. “Despite a rocky start to 2021, there’s hope on the horizon. We’re excited to hear what our keynote speakers have to say about the future of travel.”
Today’s keynote speakers include the following:
- Lucie Guillemette, Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Air Canada
- Raina Williams, Regional Manager, Canada, Expedia
- Pascal Prinz, ETC Chair, Canada Chapter & Director, Canada, Switzerland Tourism
- Carla Brake, Director of Business Development, Globus Escorted Tours
- Pam Hoffee, Managing Director, Canada, Avalon Waterways
- Derek Lloyd, VP, Agency Sales, NCL
- Judith Coates, Founder, Association of Canadian Independent Travel Advisors (ACITA)
- Bruce Poon Tip, Founder, G Adventures
Tune in to the conference starting at 1 p.m. via this link: https://livemedia.biz/travelweek.html
Plus, several prizes, including a $500 VISA gift card grand prize, are up for grabs for travel agents who’ve pre-registered.