MONT-TREMBLANT — Tremblant, one of North America’s top ski destinations, is set to kick off its 2020-2021 season in November.
After preparing, analyzing and planning various winter scenarios, Tremblant will reopen taking into account physical distancing and other health measures recommended by Public Health authorities. The four-season resort destination is working closely with the entire Alterra Mountain Company family to make the experience more user-friendly.
Here are some highlights when operating in green, yellow and orange zones:
- Access to the usual ski terrain
- Controlled resort visitation levels to reduce contact between people
- Priority to season pass holders, no reservation required
- Advance lift tickets purchase for specific dates as quantities are limited
- Sale of most undated lift ticket products will be discontinued this season, including the Latitude card, tickets sold at Costco and corporate tickets (Ski Max)
- Loading lift capacity as usual with the exception of the gondola running at 50%, as per Public Health recommendations; related parties can sit together, unrelated guests may elect to sit together as well but it will be optional
- Modified interior eating spaces, in compliance with Public Health standards including 2m physical distancing; all personal effects must remain in your vehicles, no bag can be left in common areas
- Ski and snowboard rental will be offered; equipment will be disinfected between each use
- Increased cleaning in all common areas
- Guests to respect the health measures in place such as frequent hand washing and compulsory face covering in closed public spaces, in the gondola, lifts and in the lift lines; the neck warmer or hood covering the mouth and nose can replace the face coverings while skiing and in the lifts, as per Public Health recommendations
- Daily monitoring of all employees to ensure they are free of symptoms; all employees will wear the required personal protective equipment and will be trained on health protocols related to COVID-19
- Continuous updates of our sanitary measures by staying up to date with all government announcements
When operating in red zone, the following will override some of the above plan:
- Only related parties can load the lifts together; for unrelated guests, the 2m rule will apply
- Day lodges will only be used as shelter for guests to warm up, with limited access time; food and beverage services will be closed
Tremblant is accessible via direct flights from Toronto and offers 1,900 lodging units spanning across 13 hotel establishments, over 75 restaurants, boutiques and a casino. For more information go to tremblant.ca.