MISSISSAUGA — TICO is still accepting applications for one remaining position on its Consumer Industry Advisory Committee (CIAC).
TICO hosted the inaugural CIAC meeting on Aug. 24.
According to Richard Smart, TICO President and CEO, the goal of CIAC is to gather leaders with broad consumer and travel industry experience in a forum to exchange ideas, identify and discuss emerging issues in the travel sector.
TICO is seeking input on strategies to bring greater awareness of consumer protection as well as provide advice and counsel on regulatory matters aimed at enhancing legislation administered and enforced by TICO, he added.
CIAC currently includes several travel industry veterans well-known to TICO registrants, including …
- Angela Dennis – Better Business Bureau Serving Central Ontario Inc. (consumer representative)
- Carol Greenwood – Tourism Industry Association of Ontario
- Dan Langevin – Softvoyage Inc.
- Elliot Finkelman – Expedia Cruises
- Howard Lichtman – Ethnicity Matters (consumer representative)
- Joanne Gellatly – George Brown College
- Judith Coates – Association of Canadian Independent Travel Advisors
- Lorraine Nowina – (consumer representative)
- Richard Ollier – Travel Health Insurance Association of Canada
Says Smart: “We are very pleased with the passion, experience and expertise as reflected on the inaugural Consumer and Industry Advisory Committee. The future travel related insights and advice will be invaluable to TICO’s Board of Directors and our management team as we navigate through a challenging travel recovery period and consider future innovations to enhance TICO’s consumer protection mandate.”
Earlier this week TICO announced plans for a consultation period with registrants and other stakeholders on a new funding framework and fee model. The consultation period will start in September.
Applicants for the one additional consumer position on CIAC are asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.