TORONTO — TICO is alerting travellers about the closure of Luxury Travel Centre Inc., based in Scarborough, Ontario.
On Sept. 21, the agency had its registration under the Ontario Travel Industry Act, 2002 revoked, and is no longer in business.
Consumers who purchased travel services from Luxury Travel Centre Inc. and who are in possession of their airline tickets are asked to contact the airline(s) involved to confirm their travel arrangements. This includes any consumers who began their travel services prior to the failure of the travel agency and who may still be in destination.
Consumers who purchased future travel services directly from the travel agency and who do not have confirmed bookings or consumers who have not received a refund for cancelled travel services, including due to the pandemic, may request a claim form from TICO against the Ontario Travel Compensation Fund. Contact 1-888-451-8426 or (905) 624-6241 or email@example.com.
Consumers who began their travel services prior to Sept. 21, 2022, are in destination and have incurred expenses in destination (transportation, accommodation and meals) to complete their travel plans due to travel services not provide as the result of the closure of Luxury Travel Centre Inc., may have an eligible Trip Completion Claim against the Ontario Travel Compensation Fund. Contact 1-888-451-8426 or (905) 624-6241 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is a legislated six-month filing deadline for claims on the Compensation Fund. The filing deadline date is March 22, 2023. Claims received by TICO after the filing deadline date will not be valid.
Filing a claim against the Compensation Fund:
The legislation requires claimants to explore all other possible options for reimbursement as part of the claims process. Claimants who paid by credit card and who were charged by Luxury Travel Centre Inc. for their travel services not provided, are required to do the following:
- Contact their credit card company and dispute the Luxury Travel Centre Inc. charge and request a refund (credit/reversal of the charge on their account).
- If for some reason their credit card company refuses to provide them with a credit refund, they will be required to obtain a letter from the credit card company stating that a credit refund will not be provided.
- The letter from the credit card company must be submitted with their claim against the Compensation Fund.
- If they are unable to obtain a refund (chargeback) from their credit card company or obtain all the documentation required to substantiate their claim in a timely manner, they can submit their claim form to TICO prior to the filing deadline date.
- Any additional documentation that is required to complete the claim can be sent to TICO when it is obtained.
For more information contact TICO at 1-888-451-8426 or (905) 624-6241 or email email@example.com.