TORONTO — Contiki is returning to Africa with its newly launched 2019 Africa program, which goes on sale starting today.
The tour operator, which has already been offering trips in Northern Africa, Morocco and Egypt, is now answering the call of the wild in East and South Africa. Four new trips have been introduced for 2019 in South Africa, Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe and Kenya, plus five additional extension experiences to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, relax on the beaches of Zanzibar, and search for gorillas in Uganda.
The new itineraries include:
- Cape, Safari and Falls (11 days): Guests will travel from Cape Town to Kruger National Park and Victoria Falls, wrapping up in Chobe, Botswana with a sunset wildlife cruise.
- Taste of Tanzania (7 days): This journey travels from Arusha to Tarangire, Serengeti and Karatu, with highlights that include the Ngorongoro Crater and a sunset ride in a hot air balloon over the Serengeti.
- Kenyan Highlights (7 days): Guests will travel from Nairobi to the Masai Mara, Lake Elementaita and Amboseli to view the great wildebeest migration.
- East Africa Safari (13 days): This trip combines Tanzania and Kenya and features morning and afternoon game drives in the Masai Mara and Serengeti as well as stays in African lodges.
New add-on trips, which can be booked independently, include:
- Gorilla Trek: This four-day trip through Uganda’s Entebbe, Bwindi and Lake Mburo allows clients to come face to face with gorillas living in the Bwindi Impenetrable Forest Reserve.
- Kili Climb: Offering two ways to climb, clients can choose their adventure based on skill level and how much time they have. The Marangu trek summits in seven days while the longer Rongai trek will spread the climb over eight days.
- Zanzibar Escape: Guests can choose from two accommodation options – beach huts or resort – before or after an active trip.
Further information on Contiki’s Africa program has been uploaded to a new training module on the TTC Agent Academy. Also for a limited time, clients who book an African adventure seven days or longer, beginning Aug. 1 to Aug. 14, can save up to $265 on select trips when quoting promo code PPAFRICA.