AVIEMORE, SCOTLAND — Wilderness Scotland, along with sister companies Wilderness Ireland and Wilderness England, have unveiled an exciting lineup of new itineraries for 2023.
The new trips will take travellers through the islands and highlands of Scotland, throughout the Emerald Isle, and across England’s bucolic countryside, providing ample opportunities to hike, cycle and explore their way through each destination.
NEW IN SCOTLAND
- Winter Walking – Mull and Iona: During the winter season, the islands of Mull and Iona offer a truly ethereal and captivating experience, with diverse vistas, rich traditions and ancient battlements that reflect its fascinating history. Departures are available in February and March.
- Winter Wellness – Skye: When all the summer visitors have returned home, this four-night, women’s-only wilderness retreat offers a supportive environment free from competitiveness and characterized by inclusivity. Departures are available in February and March.
- Wilderness Walking – The Isle of Rum: On this six-day guided walking holiday, travellers will explore the volcanic mountains, sweeping moorlands and towering cliffs on the diamond-shaped Isle of Rum. The largest of the Small Isles, Rum has been a National Nature Reserve since 1957, offering a quieter, wilder and more remote experience than some of its more famous counterparts. Departures are available starting in May.
For a complete list of new trips in Scotland, click here.
NEW IN IRELAND
- Hiking – Kerry & Clare: On this six-night small group trip along Ireland’s west coast, travellers get to wander the green woodlands of Killarney National Park and the mountain landscapes of the Beara Peninsula. They’ll also visit the iconic Cliffs of Moher. Departures are available starting in March.
- The company’s Self-Guided plus+ cycling trips (Wild Atlantic Way Southwest and Connemarra & the Burren) are now supported self-guided trips with a monthly fixed date, making it easier to book and guaranteeing the trip will run once a booking is made.
For a complete list of new trips in Ireland, click here.
NEW IN ENGLAND
- Wilderness Walking – High Points of the Lake District: One of England’s wildest corners, the beautiful Lake District National Park is home to soaring mountains, hanging valleys, rushing waterfalls and crags cloaked in volcanic rock. On this five-night guided trip, travellers will summit several of the highest peaks in the region. Departures are available starting in May.
- Road Cycling – The Cotswolds: Travellers will explore the Cotswolds by bike, riding from Oxford to Bath. On this five-night guided tour, they’ll travel along country lanes and leafy bridleways through stone villages, quaint cathedrals and crumbling castles. Departures are available starting in May.
- Wilderness Walking – The Coast of Cornwall: A narrow peninsula at the edge of England, Cornwall offers some of the best coastal hikes in the country. This six-night tour highlights the local flora and fauna of the region, not to mention the area’s medieval castles and azure-blue lagoons. Departures are available starting in May.
- Wilderness Walking – Highlights of the Cotswolds: Loved for its pastoral charm, the Cotswolds encompass lush river valleys and wildflower meadows. On this five-night guided walking, guests will explore a region designated as an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, and visit history market towns, traditional local pubs and more. Departures are available starting in May.
Click here to view the full list of new trips.