ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA – The countdown has begun for the reopening of The Verandah Antigua, which will debut on Nov. 17, 2023 as an adults-only resort.
Situated on 30 acres of beachfront on Antigua’s northeast coast, The Verandah marks the fourth resort in the Elite Island Resorts’ Antigua portfolio to cater to ages 16 and over.
“The Verandah is a remarkable location – it’s truly a destination within a destination –and with this renovation and our transition to adults-only, we are answering the call of many of our travel partners and guests,” said Rob Barrett, Chairman of Elite Island Resorts. “This transformation reflects our commitment to offering travelers an unparalleled experience that harmonizes contemporary luxury with the timeless allure of the Caribbean. It’s not just a reopening; it’s a new chapter in the journey of our beloved destination.”
To celebrate its reopening, The Verandah Antigua is extending its ‘5th Night Free’ offer, available for bookings made by Oct. 31, 2023 and valid for travel through March 31, 2024. Rates start at US$599 per room, per night and are inclusive of luxury accommodations, all meals (except for an additional supplement at Nicole’s), and drinks by the glass, including alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and activities.
In anticipation of its grand debut, the resort has made several exciting updates, including:
- Enhanced accommodations: All 180 open-plan suites have received a refresh with new furniture, artwork and décor for a more contemporary look. Suites are either waterfront, water view or hillside.
- Cuisine: Nicole’s, one of The Verandah’s five restaurants, has been completely renovated to feature more of an intimate, upscale ambiance plus a new bar primed for aperitifs and digestifs. Other restaurants include Seabreeze Restaurant for buffets and international offerings, Portofino Ristorante Italiano featuring a Michelin three-star inspired menu; Sails & Tales for delectable seafood, and papa Ricco’s Pizzeria featuring made-to-order pizzas with sea views.
- Leisure & entertainment: The resort now boasts four newly added pickleball and tennis courts. As the pickleball capital of the Caribbean, Antigua now adds The Verandah, joining Elite Island Resorts’ Hammock Cove, Pineapple Beach Club and St. James’ Club & Villas to its roster. Guests can also test their putting skills at the renovated 18-hole mini-golf course, the largest on the island and in the region.
- New sports hang: New to the resort is the Wavy Wicket, a sports-themed bar designed as a lively island pub. This indoor haven features large-screen TVs, handcrafted cocktails and delicious bar bites, and is where guests can enjoy movies, sporting events and late-night karaoke.
- Serene spaces: Lush new landscaping offers a vibrant backdrop for quiet moments, while new in-pool sun loungers and poolside cabanas allow for added relaxation. The resort’s Tranquility Body & Soul Spa has also received a facelift, complete with revamped treatment rooms, new amenities and additional spa and salon services.
In addition to new updates and enhancements, the resort offers four freshwater swimming pools, including the main pool with a centre fountain – one of the largest pools on Antigua – as well as a wide range of water activities, including kayaking, pedal boats and standup paddle boarding. All non-motorized water activities are included in the price. In addition, the resort’s tour desk can arrange zip-lining tours and island safari tours plus excursions to nearby historical sites like Admiral Horatio Nelson’s Dockyard.
For added value, The Verandah’s dine-around privileges allows guests to explore the culinary offerings of sister resorts, including Pineapple Beach Club and St. James’ Club & Villas.
For more information go to www.theverandahantigua.com.