TORONTO — Sunwing is returning to Ottawa for the 2021-2022 winter season, with flights to 11 destinations across the Caribbean and Mexico.
Starting in November 2021 and running weekly until April 2022, the Ottawa flights are as follows:
- Between Ottawa and Montego Bay, Sundays from December 12, 2021 until April 10, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Puerto Plata, Tuesdays from December 7, 2021 until April 12, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Punta Cana, Saturdays and Wednesdays from November 6, 2021 until April 9, 2022; and Mondays from December 13, 2021 until April 11, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Cancun, Saturdays from November 6, 2021 until April 9, 2022; and Mondays and Fridays from December 13, 2021 until April 11, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Puerto Vallarta, Sundays from December 19, 2021 until March 27, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Los Cabos, Thursdays from December 16, 2021 until March 31, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Mazatlán, Tuesdays from December 14, 2021 until April 12, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Cayo Santa Maria, Fridays from November 12, 2021 until April 8, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Varadero, Sundays and Thursdays from November 14, 2021 until April 7, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Cayo Coco, Tuesdays from November 16, 2021 until April 12, 2022
- Between Ottawa and Holguin, Tuesdays from December 14, 2021 until April 12, 2022
“After a trying year, we’re looking forward to bringing residents of the capital back to the tropics under our wing,” commented Andrew Dawson, President of Tour Operations for Sunwing. “With 11 different destinations to choose from, we’ll be offering more routes to the south than any other tour operator from the gateway. Whether travellers want to explore the exotic coast of Los Cabos or the sunny shores of Punta Cana, there’s something for every travel style.”
Vacationers from Ottawa can choose from a range of resorts for every travel style and budget, including the Grand Sunset Princess All Suites and Spa Resort in Riviera Maya, a perennial favourite and featuring sprawling pools and a range of dining options. Also available is Lopesan Costa Bavaro Resort Spa and Casino on the world-famous shores of Bavaro Beach in Punta Cana, home to entertainment options along The Boulevard, the resort’s recreation complex. For those wishing to take their budget further, the newly renovated Riu Ocho Rios in Jamaica offers exclusive RIU-topia inclusions such as unlimited reservation-free dining and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Sunwing Airlines resumed sun flights on July 30 from Toronto and Montreal, marking its partial return to service since January 2021. Earlier this week, Sunwing also announced additional sun routes out of both gateways, starting in September, to St. Maarten, Aruba and Los Cabos.